Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shops and restaurants on the 27?

Florida Junior

Shops and restaurants on the 27?

Hi to all you recent visitors to the Land of the Mouse.

We're heading out in late August for our fourth holiday around Disney World (woo hoo!) and will be staying in a villa on the I27. We were last in the area in late 2003, and at that time the I27 was really a greenield site with regard to shops, restaurants, and other facilities. We did notice though that all along the I27 a 100 yard strip either side of the road had been reserved for this purpose.

So, the question is, does anyone have a map please showing where all the Publix, Eckards, Walgreens, and all the eateries have been built over the last two years?

Any info will be much appreciated.

Thanks

VV

Hi Ian,

Haven't got a map but here are some details -

For shopping you have a brand new Publix on the 27, roughly equidistant between the 192 and I4 which is set alongside some smaller shops including a Chinese and Italian takeaway. This is on the 27 at the Sand Mine Road lights.

For the WalMart "experience" carry on up US27 for just beyond the junction with US192 and there is a brand new WalMart on your right hand side at the first set of lights.

For other restuarants go south on US27 (past Publix) and within 2 miles there is a large Cracker Barrel (very popular) and a strip mall with another Chinese takeaway, WalGreens pharmacy, and a Beef O Bradys family sports bar.

A bit further south is the I4/US27 junction with more restuarants including an excellent "all u can eat" Chinese buffet.

And if you want another option drop in at the ChampionsGate complex for Publix, Video/Game rentals shops and more - turn east onto Ronald Reagan Parkway and then left when you see the Omni hotel.

Lot's to choose from[msnsmile2]

Have a great time!

Andy

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1581.aspx

At Champions Gate you will also find a great Chinese, Pizza and McDonalds.

At this Publix they have a great stock of British food, ie Heinz beans and sauces plus many more.
    Karen

Florida Savvy
    I take it you mean the US27. There's a good Publix at the junction of the 192 and the 27 on the 192. I can't recall many restaurants on the 27.

Gold 5 Star Member
    There's a good Indian Restaurant on the 27 not far from where it joins the 192 going south on the right hand side at the entrance to Esprit (Polo Park). Haven't been yet but had it highly recommmended!

Florida Expert
    Also a good Indian Restaurant, we haven't eaten there but have had a few takeaways. It's called the Sangam. Its on the 27 at Polo Park, I think its the one Diane has mentioned. We foung it excellent and would certainly recommend it.

wrpac00
    Hardly any family eating places on the 27 you will have to go down the 192 a couple of miles where you will find countless eating places.

Florida Expert
    Just north of the 192 (within a mile north of the Cagan Crossings Walmart)an Italian restaurant, Pascales, is due to open. I'm visiting next week so hope to know if it has or when it's opening. There is also a Wendy's here. On the other side is Simkas a sweet shop and ice-cream parlour.

Just north of the 192 there is a family restaurant called Randy's which isn't bad
    South on the 27 you will find Manny's chop house where children eat free mondays and tuesdays .There is also Southern Dunes restaurant near the wal mart in Haines city that is open to the public and a Beef O'Brady's plus a Cracker Barrell opened up on the main road.
    As far as other stores go there is a Winn-Dixie just past the Wall Mart north of the 192 and there is also a PO here.For Walgreens you need to travel south towards the 1-4 and you will find one .

Florida Chatterbox
    when posner park will be up and running there will be no shortage of shops and restuarants along the us-27.
    Graeme
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/2033.aspx