Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Times of entry into villas

Florida Junior

Times of entry into villas

Hi everyone I dont know if this has ever been covered. we are due to arrive at Mco on 13th august a virgin flight at 2.35pm. As we are only 40 mins or so from our villa we thought there would be no problem entering. I have found out we cant enter until 5pm. I do realise that it has to be cleaned but 7 hours to clean seems alot of time to me. Has anyone had this problem before. I am expecting to arrive about 4pm but dont quite like the wait for an hour. Is this just an average time or if you arrive early do the management team allow you to enter. After a long flight and one child being 6 I really want to just drop her off with the older kids and go to publix.

any suggestion please. Thanks rebekah

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Quite often cleaners have to do quite a few villas all with back to back bookings and hence the time to allow them to do this. We leave 5 hours for ours (with check-in from 4pm onwards) and after being in one of our 7 beds (doing jobs) while it was being cleaned, the cleaners need every minute of the time to do it. They literally just finished in time for 4pm.

If you land at 2:35 I would not expect you would be at the villa before about 4:30 or perhaps later so it may not be a big problem for you. The quickest I ever managed it was to be at the villa at 4:10 and that was after travelling Club Orlando with Virgin and literally being the first person off the plane and through immigration.

I would not let guests into the villa if the cleaners were still there as they have a job to do and cannot do it with people and cases around them - also if they have other homes to do that day, their time is precious.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Rebekah
    I don't think you'll find you will be at the villa much before 5 if you are not landing till 2.35, by the time you have been through immigration, collected your luggage, gone through customs, dropped luggage off and gone on transit and recollected it and got your hire car and driven to the villa, I wouldnt expect you to be there till about 4.35 at the earliest in reality.

It does take that long to clean the villas as you can imagine how much there could be to do if a large party have just checked out and each room needs to be done, as well as laundry and more often a games room as well.

Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    beat me JOhn
    I was trying to remember the processes to get through before you left the airport.
    Babblin Boo

I'd agree with Steph and John.

It's very unlikely that you will arrive at the villa much before 4.30pm.

Most villas have check in times between 4 ~ 5pm to allow the cleaners time to prepare the house for the next guests. Into this timescale is also built a slight "window" in case incumbent guests are tardy leaving the villa on the morning they depart, as obviously this has a knock on effect with cleaning times etc.
    Chris & Peter

Florida Expert
    If you do get through unusually fast,why not pop into a supermarket and get in the essentials?Then you can have a lazy evening round the pool
    Your villa owner wil be able to advise you of the nearest one.

Is the villa you are renting only being vacated the day or the day before you arrive as with my villa it is quite rare to get a back to back booking.

Have you spoken to the owner with regards to if they can let you in a little earlier if the last guest left a few days before you go in.

Saying the back to back thing i do not rent mine out too much so other people may have back to back bookings.

I do the same on checking out, if no one is going staight in then i let them stay until they go to the airport and do not ask them to leave at 11am as before i bought my villa there is nothing worse than driving around with a car full of suitcases and trying to kill time before going to the airport.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1922.aspx

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    My sister went out in July and checked with the management company if she could get in early, they said that if no-one was staying in the villa the day before she arrived that would not be a problem and to check with them just before, she did this and there was not a back to back booking so she was told she could arrive anytime.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    Our check out is at 11am and entry is from 4pm unless we dont have guests in before the new guest. If this is the case then it is down to mutual agreement.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    A lot of owners have back to back bookings a lot of the time - I know we do. We almost always have to strictly enforce the checkout and checkin times as it's not fair on the cleaners otherwise.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nick Sayer[brit is quite rare to get a back to back booking.

[/quote]