Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember When.....

The mobile shop, the rag & bone man, the rent man ( can remember mum telling us to be quiet untill he had gone ) Playing knock down ginger and the big match sunday lunch time....

Dave

Florida Savvy
    Men on bikes with blue boxes in the front selling toffee apples.....kids being glued to jim'll fix it....starsky & hutch....the patridge family - crushes on david cassidy and donny osmond....what about the adverts.....

thanks for giving us heinz beans....clunk click every trip....watch out watch out there's a humphrey about (begging the milkman for humphrey straws which in actual fact were just plain old red and white striped straws)..the milky bar kid is strong and tough and only the best is good enough.....

haha that was the day's we pronounced nestles as nessles....now it's all trendy and pronouned nestlay.

Being a kid meant a haircut was a traumatic deal for girls. I remember being about 10 with long hair down to my bum and explaining in intricate terms to the hairdresser what I wanted done....Only to look up in the mirror while the hairdresser was holding my hair in the air and seeing my mother doing scissor signs with her fingers. Half an hour later I walked out with a dreaded 'purdy' cut....[msnmad]

Who remembers playing knock down ginger with a piece of string and then wondering how adults caught you in the dark when all they had to do was hold on to the string on the door knocker and follow you to your hideout?

What about tying your loose tooth to a piece of string and then to the door and screaming when you told your dad to slam the door and they did....? hahaha[clap]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ah yes the Purdy cut, I had one of those too.[msnoo][msnsmile2]
    Sarah

oh yes those were the good ol days!!![msnwink] i go back with every memory!!!thankyou to everyone for these even tho its not mt thread!! its so much fun being taken back!! to the good ol days!!!! best years of my life!!!(apart from growing up falling in love withs steve (hubby) and having kids)
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    One of my favourite memories is popping into the sweet shop on the way to school and buying a quarter of sherbert pips, lemon bonbons or chewing nuts. It was great seeing all those jars of sweets on the shelves.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

sounds to me we had the better days then any other generation!!!

we should start our own club!!! so we can sit and reminise everynight!!!
    arent memories great!!! please dont let me lose mine!!!(well if i do i will look in here and think)
    Liesa

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Linicia
    You forgot listening to the top 20 on a Sunday night on Radio Luxemburg on the tranny (original definition)under the bedclothes so that your parents wouldn't know when you should have been asleep. I used to think I was the only one who did this until my husband mentioned it to me and then I asked some friends and they all did it too. Ahhhhh happy days.
    [/quote]

I did this too LOL!!!!!![msnwink]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I love the looking back, though Black & white tv haunts me I do refuse to watch a B&W film...and hubby loves some of the classics[msneek]

Florida Savvy
    Not only listening to the top 20 on a sunday night but trying to record songs you liked from it on a machine which wasn't even connected to the radio! Playing those songs back to your friends and then coughing loudly hoping they wouldn't notice the end of the song had been cut off because you stopped before the DJ started talking again hahaha

i did that to!! every sunday we would meet down our friends house she had the big wheel to wheel tape recorder!! we would put the radio on and then everyone would be quiet and record some good songs! we'd play cards we would share a cigerette, and have so much fun!!
    Liesa