Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember When.....

Florida Expert
    Muffin the Mule ,Wooden tops, Test card,National Anthem at 10.30 pm when the telly closed down for the night,whips & tops ,Penny loaves ,big orange jubbly,s
    snobs,hop scotch,and what did you call that knitting with a cotton reel with four pins stuck in the top ,the nitting use to go down the middle of the cotton reel.
    Happy days
    Sheena.
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/40.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Wasn't it French knitting, or am I getting confused with French skipping.[msneek][msnsmile2]
    Sarah

Florida Expert
    Good morning,
    Yes it was french knitting,I also had the Pinky and Perky record,Does your chewing gum lose it's flavour on the bed post overnight,also had the same one by Lonnie Donagan.
    Sheena
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/40.aspx

definately french knitting, i saw it yesterday in a shop (looking for miniature dolls things) and found french knitting, was debating should i or shouldnt i get it? then tried to think what would i make with a long string of wool?????? the mind boggles!!!
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    I used to have the big orange Jubblies frozen from the shop. Always had one on my way home from school in the summer. I'm sure they were bigger when they were first introduced than they were when my children were young. Bit like Waggon Wheels, they used to be bigger. Can you sill get Jubblies and Waggon Wheels? Then there were Spangles and Spanish Root and real Sarsasparilla in the Sarsasparilla shop. I can still taste it now, just thinking about it.
    Pat

what is spanish root? sarsaparilla?

one fond memory is we used to love eating pomegranites! 1 bit at a time!
    sitting in the woods drinking a bottle of cider 3 straws in a bottle!! oh yes those were the days!
    Liesa

Florida Savvy
    French skipping was where we used to tie all elastic bands together and then make a big circle by tying two ends together and two girls would get inside and then everyone would jump over one side, in the middle and so on!

We used to eat pomegranates with a pin ! Pick the fruit out that is! What about pick-up sticks, jacks, skipping (running in!), two balls, (now,now!), knock and run, hopscotch...
    I thought it was great when I had a red trike - but when I got a two-wheeler (wow-stabilisers!)...
    Computer games don't have the same ring about them somehow, do they?

[msnsad]

[msnwink]
    Les

Did any one buy the New Musical Express when it really was new?
    I remember penny loaves, cherry lips and parma (palma) violets. Mostly we had sugar in a triangular shaped bag as a treat not sweets from the shop. There were no baths at the pit head and the coal miners caught the bus with dirty faces and many of them kept their pit helments on. I couldn't tell who was who sometimes. People bought rolled tobacco to chew called twist. The Dandy and Beano had a special smell and crisps bags were stored in tins under the shop keepers counter.
    Really wide white belts and layers of net underskirts.
    Sticks that you chewed and coltsfoot rock.
    Calling for someone by yelling their name outside the back gate until they came.
    Angela

ha ha ha talk about the good old days!!!

we used to go to the swimming baths every saturday and call in to the chippy on our way ho,e and buy half a pint of winkles!! we used pins to pull it out!! wouldnt catch me doing it now!!![msnscared] or if we were really poor that week we asked for the s[bad language filtered out]s from the batter!! so good!

yes i remember french skipping i think it was called with elastic bands knotted together and we had them round our ankles and used to jump in and out of them to certain names!!

this is a wonderful place full of memories!![msncry] no sorry they were the best days!!!
    Liesa