Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember When.....

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Linicia
    You forgot listening to the top 20 on a Sunday night on Radio Luxemburg on the tranny (original definition)under the bedclothes so that your parents wouldn't know when you should have been asleep. I used to think I was the only one who did this until my husband mentioned it to me and then I asked some friends and they all did it too. Ahhhhh happy days.
    [/quote]

were you in my bedroom?????????????????????? this is spooky!!!!!!!!!!!! that is so weird had to becareful cos i didnt want the battery to run out cos i needed to take the radio to school and listen to the top 20, cant remember when it was tuesday 1pm rings a bell
    amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Liesa

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    Of course, young whippersnappers like Caroline don't know what they've missed! [:O] Only one TV indeed! We didn't have one (the above are all radio programmes!) and when we did it was black and white and had a screen about 9 inches in size!
    [/quote]

[msnembarrased][msnembarrased] Whoops!

Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
    Sorry Barbara don't remember those - but I do remember 'having' to watch Thunderbirds on a Sunday - My Dad was a fan and we only had the 1 TV in the house[:O] What would our kids think of that
    [/quote]

Us too Caroline, just the one TV in the house, I can remember having to have a rota with my brother as to who could watch what on which night when we got in from school. Problem was always sorted when our Dad got home, after all it was his TV and we weren't going to argue with that.
    Sarah

and the TV went off when we had visitors!!! real ham sandwiches for special occasions!! (like an uncle and aunt visitng)
    memories like the colours of my mind!!!!!!!!misty water full of memories like the way we were.......................................(someth ing like that anyway, ) Emporer Rosko Rocked!!!
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Must remember though that these were also the days when we had no Internet connection, so maybe not that great.[msnwink]
    Sarah

Florida Expert
    And blackcurrent squash hadn't been invented - it was always Orange or Lemon.

Time for bed said Zebedee!
    Jo

Did anybody else have to get up and change the channel for dad because the remote control hadn't been invented yet? [msnsmile] or build a bike out of parts chucked in the local brook ahh those were the days.

Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    Or scr_aped the ice off the inside of the bedroom window in the mornings?
    blott

i had forgotten about ice on the inside brrr, also icicles as long as your arm from the gutters.

Dave

Florida Savvy
    Butterflies, butterscotch, scotch tape, tape worm, wood worm. wood lice, head lice, license to thrill, frilly blinds, blind mans bluff, call my bluff, robert robinson, anne robinson, killer robots, weakest link, chains, chainmail, medieval jousting, a knight's tale, heath ledger, accountancy, channcellor exchequer, interest rate drop, pear drops, sweetshops, sugar boost, uncontrollable children, ritalin, [xx(]