Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Innocent Man Jailed ................4 years later

Gold 5 Star Member

Innocent Man Jailed ................4 years later

I don't know whether this is the right place to post this but I had to have my say.

The world has gone mad, today in Bulgaria an 18 year old Liverpool man is starting a 15 year prison sentence for a crime he didn't commit.

Micheal Sheilds was arrested and charged with attempted murder two months ago after the savage attack of a Bulgarian waiter. Micheal Sheilds still had to stand trial even though another man has since admitted to the crime.

Because the real guilty person wouldn't sign his statement, (he won't until he has the guarentee he will stand trial in the UK) the judge refused to accept this as evidence.

The time has come for our country leader to stand up for Micheal and fight his case.

Even though I am from Liverpool I do not know Micheal Sheilds, his family or his friends. I have followed all the media coverage though. I wish them all the luck in the world.

I bet you're all thinking no smoke without fire, I know I was originally

You can see the story at http://www.icliverpool.co.uk

<span style='color:blue'>The home secretary has said this morning that although his is aware of this case there is nothing he can do until the guilty man signs his statement. The guilty man and his family how now left Liverpool.
    Before the Bulgarian Court will consider an appeal Micheal Sheilds has to pay compensation to a tune of £71,000.00 for a crime he didn't commit.
    As only public support will help Micheal Sheilds and his family at the moment the local radio station Radio City has set up an email address which will not only offer support to the family but also act as a petition, this is supportsheilds@radiocity.co.uk</span id='blue'>

<span style='color:green'></span id='green'>It has been confirmed today that the guilty man has signed his statement. It is expected a warrant will be issued for his arrest. In the meantime Micheal Sheilds has been allowed to give press interviews whilst in jail, for an 18 year old he is holding himself together. Jack Straw has today agreed to meet with the Sheilds family. I suppose you are aware of this case now as it has been on national news, the local press have also reported that there has been a public outcry in Bulgaria.<span style='color:green'></span id='green'>
    Paula

Gold 5 Star Member
    Wow how awful, what a miscarriage of justice, our thoughts are with his family at this time. Hope he is freed soon and that the government here do get involved pronto.
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have just read this story and cannot believe that this has happened. Im sure justice will prevail in this case but i am not sure how long this will take. Agree, the goverment need to get involved asap.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    the other man should be made to sign the statement. surely the waiter or one of his friends saw the man who did it. or do they just want to accuse anybody who might have been there. something has got to be done about it. barbara

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    The Foreign office will no doubt get involved and this will/should all be sorted out if he is innocent.
    CDV

Florida Expert
    We all are hoping for a happy ending. Its so sad, lets hope justice prevails.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Cruella,

Take a little look at the newspaper link. This man is innocent, the press have even named the man who did it and this has been confirmed by the guilty mans solicitor.

At the time the savage attack took place their were hundreds of Liverpool fans in this resort travelling back from the cup final in Turkey. 1 Person picked out Micheal Sheilds in an ID parade, several more have placed him elsewhere at the time of the attack, including security at the hotel he was staying at.

On Friday Bulgarian courts unbelievably have holidays for two months, hopefully for Micheals and his parents sake our government will intervene and get him home.

The guilty person will not sign his statement until he is guarenteed he will face trial in this country.

If I had one slight doubt of Micheal Sheilds innocence I wouldn't have posted this onto the forums.

Paula
    Paula

Surely justice will prevail where is the foreign office should be sorting this out :
    The problem is the wheels of justice go round very slowly
    In the meantime this man is in prison for crime he didnt do

Barbara

Super Moderator
    Saw this on the lunchtime news yesterday and could not believe that the Bulgarian courts would go ahead and convict the person. I gather there was even an eyewitness who confirmed he was not the person involved. Would have thought the least they would do was halt the trial until this was sorted out. It does not say much for the standard of justice in the country. What is does say to me though is that like Greece and the plane spotter saga it is another country to avoid.

this is an awful story, i also saw it on the news yesterday, then saw his poor eyes, pleading to be released from this horrendous ordeal, how long before the government step in and take action!!!!
    come on Tony Blair! get this innocent man freed!!!!!!
    Liesa