Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Innocent Man Jailed ................4 years later

Florida Expert
    It is quite horrendous, and it is something that could happen to any one of our kids working abroad for the summer .I believe not only Tony Blair and the British Government should get involved but all the governments of the countries in the EU. After all what is it there for ?This type of injustice has got to be stopped for once and for all
    Olive

Florida Expert
    My Heart is breaking for this young man , he must be in total shock....his family also must feel devastated...i have a young son of seventeen who is of the age now he is wanting to go off abroad with his friends on holiday and you live in fear of this type of thing happening.....the laws are so very different in some of these countries and from what i heard his dad saying this morning..his picture had been splashed over so many newspapers over there that when they then asked for witnessess to pick him out from a line up...they picked him....
    let's just hope that justice prevails
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1497.aspx
    sharon

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks for the update Caitlin, can't believe that this sort of thing can happen.
    Sarah

The world's gone mad (again). It's beyond belief.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1964.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    hopefully he will be released soon as the statement has been signed. barbara

Florida Savvy
    The poster says that she has seen all the media coverage. I do not know if the lad is innocent or not, but a court has found him guilty. Of course it is awful if the lad is innocent but the victim was on Sky this weekend saying that he is the forgotten man in this and says that the right man is in prison.

The man who confessed should go to the UK police instead of hiding behind his legal rep. Bulgaria is due to join the EU soon- their legal system will be under scrutiny so they need to get this right.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
    <span style="color:green"></span id="green">It has been confirmed today that the guilty man has signed his statement. It is expected a warrant will be issued for his arrest. In the meantime Micheal Sheilds has been allowed to give press interviews whilst in jail, for an 18 year old he is holding himself together. Jack Straw has today agreed to meet with the Sheilds family. I suppose you are aware of this case now as it has been on national news, the local press have also reported that there has been a public outcry in Bulgaria.<span style="color:green"></span id="green">
    [/quote]

Hope that the innocent party is released soon then.
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    Well it's taken 4 years but today Michael Sheilds received a Royal Pardon and is home with his family.[clap][clap][clap]
    Paula

I remember you posting this the first time Paula and it is really good to know that justice has finally prevailed.
    Jill and Brian

Great news for the Shields family. Let's hope Jack Straw now goes after the real criminal.
    Regards, Mark