Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BLUE BADGE

My husband uses his blue badge all the time and never has had any problems

Judy

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Judy,

I'll let my guest know.

Kim

How interesting will certainly pass this on to guests

Val

A British Blue Badge can only be used in the parks .If you use it anywhere else you can be fined .The information below is what i have found off another web site .

The Florida Dept of Transportation changed the rules last year, only they forgot to tell anyone, and no-one in the tourist business seems to know anything about it, to the extent that the Visit Florida website still says it is OK to use your blue badge. THIS IS NOT THE CASE!

Disabled drivers now have to visit a local tax office in Florida and pay a $15 fee for a temporary disabled parking badge that you can use in all locations. The details are as follows:

To find out the nearest Orange County tax office where you can visit to pay the fee and pick up your temporary badge, visit their website here: http://www.octaxcol.com/OfficeLocati...20Tag%20Agency

There are eight Orlando offices where you can pick up the necessary badge (listed under Motor Vehicle Registrations), and it must be stressed this is the new official policy, hence you DO risk a parking fine if you don't comply with these regulations. In Osceola County, there are four tax offices, listed on this website: http://www.osceolataxcollector.com/locations-hours.html

The extra bad news is that NONE of these offices are open at the weekend, so if you arrive on a Friday or Saturday you are completely stuck for any way to get the necessary badge.

The one piece of good news is that all the main theme parks ARE happy to continue to honour the British disabled badge, although Disney say you won't necessarily get into the official disabled spaces but the nearest ones they can find . This means you should be OK when you visit the parks but you cannot count on this leniency when parking in public places like the shopping malls. We have already heard of people getting parking tickets when using their blue disabled badge, so please beware and don't fall foul of this highly discriminatory law

Florida Newbie
    I use mine all the time and never have any probs

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jetskidia
    I use mine all the time and never have any probs[/quote]In that case, you've been extremely lucky as someone on the forum was fined $450.
    blott