Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more of Festival of Lion King

Florida Chatterbox

No more of Festival of Lion King

I heard that it is gone.
    Anderson, Amirah & Andrea Amarante

No I dont think so. You might thinking of the 'legend of the Lion King' in MGM (I think).

quote:Originally posted by Amirah

I heard that it is gone.

Gold 5 Star Member
    It was certainly still on a couple of weeks ago as we watched it[8D]
    Ruth

Gold 5 Star Member
    It is the Legend of the Lion King which has shut noy the Festival. It was in Magic Kinddom and was a puppet show. It is being replaced by Mickeys Philharmagic, a new attraction.
    Julie

Florida Chatterbox
    LOL Oh, I am confused. So, the festival is on but the MGM deal is gone? OK, now I got it!

Thank you

Florida Savvy
    There are two or was two seperate shows, one which is very lavish with many colorful characters is at the Animal Kingdom, highly doubdful it will close anytime soon, people wait hours to get into it,its the highlite of shows on par with Tarzan Rocks, its a wonderful fast paced fun character song type of show especially for the children. Highly rated.

The other is in the Magic Kingdom near Fantasyland, its a sweet wonderful highly detailed puppet show, not a Punch and Judy show but a very technical fun show that our family liked only second to the Ariel's Grotto show at MGM, we will miss it but sometimes changes are good. And I did hear it was closing down, apparently a Winnie the Pooh show is supposed to be there I believe.

Florida Newbie
    Oh. I loved the Lion King show at Magic Kingdom. It was so sweet. I am a Lion King fanatic.

The Animal Kingdom one is a main stay and highly attended. I am sure that is there for a long long while.

Did you know that in "The Land" at Epcot Center there is a Lion King movie on conservation. It is a nice place to sit for 15 minutes and cool off. It is an huge theater, and hardly ever has any one in it (when I have visited). The best part is the opening. It is a live action version of the theme of the movie. The sun rise, the animals peeking up. It is breath-taking. A little heavy on the 'be good to the earth' theme, but well-done.

If you have never seen it, give it a try.

Stacy
    Mom to Nigel and Stewart.

p.s. Amirah - I do sort of tire from Disney, but just a little. I try to visit different attractions each time. I do visit Universal, Kennedy, Busch Gardens, to break it up a bit. But I never tire of Disney completely. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend the Disney Cruise. It is pricey, but off-season is manageable. It is worth every cent.

The Lion King is set for an upgrade so will be closed August 24-Sept 19 2003.The new enclosed area willbe aircond and will have some of the lighting effects that the stage show has got.Should make a fantastic show even better.

Florida Chatterbox
    I have just returned from Florida and have had my first visit to Animal Kingdom
    The LION KING spectacular was just that....spectacular!
    Siobhan

Florida Chatterbox
    We didn't have a chance to do it...we were beat! The sun was beating down on us and our feet ached. Maybe next year.