Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Credit Cards at Gas Pumps

Gold 5 Star Member
    Robert, it doesn't work for gas stations!

If you're a Florida home owner, there are ways to get around the internet shopping thing but Rooster isn't a home owner and this is the Guest area of the forum.
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    When I was over a few months ago the only filling stations I found that required a zip code were Citgo ones. In the end I just avoided Citgo and filled up at other places. If they're dumb enough to forget that life exists outside the US I figured they wouldn't miss my dollars.
    Steve

wrpac00
    You can always use your US credit card if you have one, I better take both with me on Monday.

Florida Savvy
    We have always taken cash and only used the credit cards rarely. Are we still ok to use our credit cards in the stores or could we come up against the zip code problem there too?
    dave

Florida Newbie
    Dave - We did a lot of shopping at the Premium Outlets yesterday and had no problems. Only ever needed a signature, not even a PIN. Also had no problems at Publix. I guess it's as Steve (Snapper) suggests, it only seems to be Citgo gas stations that have asked for Zip codes so far.

Rooster

Gold 5 Star Member
    Try the BP station at Championsgate, you can pay by CC or do it just like home and pay inside.

Florida Expert
    We have driven all over the US and the only time I can remember having this problem was when we tried to fill our car up on returning it to Orlando airport. Cannot remember if it was a Citgo gas station.
    Shirley

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1428.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Took Caroline's advice and used the one on US27 at the junction with the 54. Even though it's Citgo they allowed me to fill the tank and then pay inside, unlike the other two Citgo's (one further north on US27, the other on the 192).

Rooster

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrpac00
    You can always use your US credit card if you have one, I better take both with me on Monday.
    [/quote]
    trouble is how do you get a US credit card.
    Ian Dee
    the older I get, the better I was

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida...ental-818.aspx

Heapey, Lancashire & Clear Creek, Florida
    I use my credit/debit card from my US (Wachovia) account and as I very quickly learned that you need to register both UK and US address with the bank. I bought a camera by mail order for delivery to Florida and at that time the card was registered to the UK and I had a hell of a time sorting it out but a quick visit to my bank branch in Davenport and it is all sorted now and I have never had a problem since (2002 to now) - I pay for US web sites and all sorts with the card, shopping etc and no problems. Only place I ever have a problem with gas is at Costco as I have a UK card and the attendant has to run his US version through the pump before I can start although I can pay with my UK or US cards.

Geoff