Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Credit Cards at Gas Pumps

Florida Newbie

Credit Cards at Gas Pumps

Since our last visit they seem to have changed how credit cards are used to pay for fuel at gas stations. After swiping your card at the pump it now asks you to enter the zip code for your billing address. There doesn't seem to be a way to enter a UK postcode. I tried [msnsmile2] but was prompted to see the attendant [msnsad]. She couldn't help so I ended up paying by cash.

I bumped into another Brit who said she hadn't figured it out either so she always pays by cash. The trouble with paying by cash is that you have to know how much will fit into your tank as you have to pay up front.

Anyone cracked it or am I missing something simple?

Rooster

Gold 5 Star Member
    Mmmm, well I cracked it by going inside and paying by UK credit card with a signature, which seems to work. Only problem is that you have to know how much (in money) gas/petrol you're going to put into the vehicle in advance as it has to be the same as the credit card amount that you just paid.
    blott

Florida Newbie
    Thanks Blott.

I tried that but the station I was at could only accept credit cards at the pump, they didn't take them at the counter - strange I know!

Rooster

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I had this problem on the way back to the airport, and i had to return the car with a full tank. the attendant over ran the pump and I filled the car up and then he debited my card.
    Christine

Just spoke to hubby (he does the gas!) and he said he always pays cash, however some gas stations require prepayment and some will let you fill first, so maybe try a different gas station! The one on the 27 at the junction with the 54 (Ronald Reagan Parkway) allows you to fill first and then pay inside, and it's the closest to Calabay so ideal for you Gary[msnwink]
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Expert
    my first thought when seeing this is has any body tried entering zeros

which is sometimes accepted on U S websites

tezz 7628

Gold 5 Star Member
    Even proper zip codes don't work Tezz unless your card has a billing address to match.
    blott

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for all the tips folks!

Rooster

Florida Expert
    i don't know about anybody else but i have just emailed my credit card issuer asking for clarification on this
    tezz 7628

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote: Even proper zip codes don't work Tezz unless your card has a billing address to match.[/quote]

Blott,
    That was always my problem to pay for anything on-line - my debit & credit cards are registered to my UK address and it wouldn't accept my postcode or US zip.

However I was told this had changed, and so to try it I paid a couple of bills on-line putting my US zip and it worked.