Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: travel city direct

Liesa,
    remember all the concern and worry you had about flying with Virgin last time and the posts about it? Well at least if you stick with Virgin its the devil you know.
    Worth double checking whhat that £199 includes especially on the insurances on the car hire front.
    andrew

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    Liesa
    The other option is to phone Virgin and see if there are any Miles plus money offers for your dates, for 2000 miles you get a discounted price but it just depends on dates how much cheaper it is.

I think with TCD you may also have to pay for meals?

[/quote]

we have included miles plus money it would be £502 for our dates 29th sept for a fortnight
    but charter (we can earn points with them but not spend them with them)
    they quoted £370 per person
    but TCD have quoted £199 its a hard one but i think we will go with charter travel through here
    i know where we are with them!! but then i do love to save money!!!

and with charter thats all meals and drinks, as with virgin
    we have collected 8.000 points each so far so maybe just let them accumalate for a while and use for next year?
    [/quote]
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1338.aspx

We looked at TCD but found their car hire too expensive. Flights were the same as other charter airlines.

Dominic & Melanie Graham

Florida Junior
    To be honest after looking at their prices in national newspapers and then having my jaw drop at the actuall price it's going to cost I would not use them. For me it's the worst type of advertising which should not be allowed.
    I would not give them the trade on moral grounds alone.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sunny guy
    To be honest after looking at their prices in national newspapers and then having my jaw drop at the actuall price it's going to cost I would not use them. For me it's the worst type of advertising which should not be allowed.
    [/quote]

Thank you someone else who thinks along the same lines as I do!! The whole ethos of the company is awful[msnmad]

Lucy,

I thought you were part of their FAN CLUB[msneek]
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

OOPS! We are booked on a flight of theirs July! Have read the comments and even taking into account the car hire which we could have got for half the price, it still seems a good buy! Will let you know on return if it was worth paying less!

Karen
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jillizzy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    Liesa
    The other option is to phone Virgin and see if there are any Miles plus money offers for your dates, for 2000 miles you get a discounted price but it just depends on dates how much cheaper it is.

I think with TCD you may also have to pay for meals?

[/quote]

we have included miles plus money it would be £502 for our dates 29th sept for a fortnight
    but charter (we can earn points with them but not spend them with them)
    they quoted £370 per person
    but TCD have quoted £199 its a hard one but i think we will go with charter travel through here
    i know where we are with them!! but then i do love to save money!!!

and with charter thats all meals and drinks, as with virgin
    we have collected 8.000 points each so far so maybe just let them accumalate for a while and use for next year?
    [/quote]

Liesa I have booked M + Money fares with Virgin for September 10 for £307 pp inc. all taxes. I just checked for your dates and the cost came out at £322.90 inc. all taxed plus 2000 miles - this was with VAs website so can't understand why you have a higher cost.

Jill
    [/quote]

Jill, last week i went into the VA website and they were offering the same flights for £312 per eprson with miles + money when i gathered everyones money together to pay for flights they went back up to £378 i think it said!, that was just the difference from 9am to the following day!!!

i think we will book virgin but through charter travel above, we will get a decent flight (we hope) and we know roughly the leg room, we know the food etc...... better the devil you know, think your right Andrew!!

we will then earn points through virgin for our next trip, and may have a nice amount for an upgrade on seats???

thanx all for your help
    Liesa

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sunny guy
    [/quote]as you may know most travel companies quote there lowest available prices,mostly out of peak season.I have just booked for FEB/06 £1598 for 4 adults one teen,flights and car hire.With my beloved TRAVEL CITY DIRECT.HAPPY DAYS[msnwink]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Add my name to those who dislike the whole 'modus operandi' of TCD.

We've flown with TCD from Manchester a few times and have booked to travel with them again in September. We've found that although they aren't one of the best (very basic, no individual tv's etc) they are good value for money, you get what you pay for. We've never had any delays and have found the company to be fine although the travel city direct planes have generally been better than the air atlanta planes in terms of quality.

Rachel
    martin