Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: travel city direct

travel city direct

Hello to everyone

I have just booked to go to florida in september, with travel city direct
    got a great deal compared with other companies flying at that time of year, just wanted to know has anyone flown with travel city direct?
    are they any good?

I have never flown in to sandford either, normally i always go into MCO

what is sandford like ?

many thanks
    richard
    r.rayfield

Florida Expert
    Hello Richard

We've never flown with them but if you look under the forum for "flying" there is a thread on there where people have put their comments.

(Sorry I can't do the link to take you directly there but I don't know how!)

Hope it helps,

Gill

Florida Expert
    TCD are not top of most peoples favourites.Obviously it is always best to book your villa independantly so check the 3 OV sites.If you have booked your car with TCD check that your cdw is included otherwise you may get a shock whwen you pick it up

In general,when holidaying in Florida always book the various elements of your holiday yourself.Saves the nagging doubts

Sanford is not as beautiful and spacious as MCO but mostly fine

Florida Savvy
    what does cdw mean should that be ldw
    gerry

Florida Expert
    Hi Richard,

We have travelled with TCD a few times and found them to be OK. Certainly not the best we've had
    (but also not the worst !!) As Heather says, it's wise to check out the car insurance if you've booked the car hire through them. I always like to have SLI (Supplementary Liability Insurance)
    especially as the US citizens are very litigation prone. I have been caught out on this when hiring through Travel City in the past, and had an extra hefty payment on arrival to upgrade the insurances.
    Sanford is much smaller than Orlando MCO and I personally much prefer it. Although still very thorough, the Customs & Immigration is more straightforward than MCO (where you have to collect your luggage once , then surrender it for further screening, then go through immigration and finally collect the cases again).
    Once you leave Sanford, theres a nice leisurely drive to Orlando / Kissimmee which gets you
    used to right hand side driving on roads that are not usually too busy.
    Have a great holiday in September.
    Kevin

Hi Richard,

We flew with Travel City Direct two years ago, we thought, at the time, that they were great. No problems at all. But we have heard a few bad things since then. I wouldn't let that worry you, or spoil the build up to your holiday.

With regards to Sanford airport. It is much smaller, we fewer facilities, but then again, this is not what you are visiting Florida for, i hope. In general driving times from Sanford to the Disney area are betweem 50-60 mins, but i think the roads are very good, and actually prefer this route rather than from McCoy. Just personal choice. I always found the traffic busier coming out of McCoy and this added ten minutes to the journey time.

Other than that i hope you have a great holiday, and look forward to photos on your return.
    Craig and Karen
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/2168.aspx

i have just looked up the prices for my family to go by travel city direct and altho its alot cheaper, charter/virgin around £370 and TCD its £199 per person, what do we do???? i think virgin would/should win but am always into saving money!!! more to spend in florida!!

anyone give me advise to go with them tcd?????

just took Lucy (julie) advice and had a look on travel city direct reviews, only read a few and have decided no , we will go with charter above link, i wish it was cheaper but as Lucy (julie) says you get what you pay for,
    Liesa

Florida Expert gail and david roberts's Avatar
    This will be are 5 time with this company
    and yes I have heared alot of very un happy Villa owners
    saying they wouldnt go with them again
    but until we have a bad flight from them
    We will keep a open mind,
    I have always found the staff very nice and helpful
    we have only been delayed once last August(weather)24 hours
    and we didnt get into the Lounge at sanford , we check in and removed some over night things and off we went to the florida mall Hotel
    buses waiting out side to take us there
    all meals Paid for and telphone Cards given out
    I must say it was a nice end to our Holiday
    and it was nice not to wash all the bedding in the morning (men will not understand that bit girls)
    we had time to shop in the mall and the Buses came for us at 11am

Gail

Florida Expert
    Can you get TCD quotes online or is it just by phone ??
    Steve

Florida Expert
    If that £199 TCD price is a firm offer Liesa, and it's flying from a convenient airport for you, thats a very good price. Most times I have phoned TCD they want to charge extra for provincial airport flights, extra if the dates are not within their specified "cheap rate" months and you have to take their car hire which they quote as 2 door economy with the most basic insurance possible. So you have to pay extra again for decent size car and extra for reasonable level of insurance. In short "a lot of extra charges" [msnsad]
    Their advertised prices are not easy to get !
    Kevin