Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Our Tip List For Eating Out

Florida Newbie

Our Tip List For Eating Out

We all know that its very cheap to eat out in Fla and is and experience not to miss as it adds to the whole holiday theme.
    So my wife and i have some tit bits you may or may not know that could save some extra dollars.

1.When you arrive in orlando visit tourist information centres and look for the coupon books such as the traveller or welcome mag. there are others as well, but these tend to feature eateries with a selected discount of around 10% which forms bigest part of the tip you may leave.

2.If you want to know the kind of food a place does. Dont be shy just walk in and say would like to see a menue first before deciding to sit down, they will understand.

3. I whole heartedly recommend Golden Coral for and evening meal especially sundays. I love the honey glazed bread and fresh pizza every 15 mins. As for breakfast there...hmmm slightly different story. if you want a buffet breakfast sizzlers is great and excellent value at around $4ish

4.Our first and last meals on any visit to orlando has to be Dennys superb breakfast with hash browns and i mean real has browns not like our potato patties

5.the best value for money on dinner shows has to be King henrys or Wild bills.

6. In future we will be avoiding Arabian Knights as the food was poor and when they bring the photos round, you cant see them as its too dark and the show is not that good...pathetice value for money rating.

7. If you go into a bar always ask for a pitcher of beer as it usually cheaper than buying by the glass.

8.We have not done this yet , but intend to do so this year. Anyone seen the Bamboo lounge on the 192 corner of publix? a glass of beer is around $4.75, but happy hour is between 3 & 10pm i think and is around $1/$2...people say its seedy and it is in a way but the amount of brits that have signed the guest book.

we will ad more to this later

Florida Expert
    Waiters and waitresses rely on the tips as they dont get a proper wage. Normally the expected tip is 15 - 20%.
    The 2 dinner shows you mentioned as good are, I think, the ones that have closed down!

Afraid Wild Bill's no longer exists, and I'm wondering if I can recall even seeing King Henry's feast there actually?!

We went to Arabian Nights courtesy of our Virgin rep's. If you fly Virgin make sure you go to the welcome meeting on your first morning at Downtown Disney as they usually give away free tickets for your entire party to Arabian Nights!
    Tink

Gold 5 Star Member
    King Henry's feast building is still there (at least it was at Christmas!) but is no longer a dinner show.
    blott

Florida Chatterbox
    We went to Arabian Nights in early December and were also not happy with the food, the chicken strips were OK but the beef was VERY rare and the veggies almost not quite cooked!. Our American friend from Spring Hill had friends who had been a couple of weeks before we went and nearly all of them had tummy bug problems after their visit.

I'm surprised! I have been 3 times now, and enjoyed it immensely! Don't get me wrong, the food could be better, but I've never had any problems from it. No worse than some of the other meat I've had while eating out in the U.S.!
    Tink

Gold 5 Star Member
    I haven't been to Bamboo Lounge but have read about it elsewhere. I heard it's a good place to meet the locals!
    Orlandobabe

Florida Newbie
    Hello,

Has anyone been to The Pirates Show, and is it cheaper to get the tickets in USA?