Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: just back

Florida Newbie

just back

hi folks
    we just got back from our first taste of florida earlier today it was everything and more of what we had dreamed of.
    stayed at indian ridge in a beautiful villa less than 15 mins from parks.
    those all u can eat breakfasts at sizzler and angels will keep us going for months.
    we swam with the dolphins at discovery cove, at bit expensive but if your there and want to do it we found it fantastic.
    theres nothing much left to say about the disney parks that hasnt already been said, all of which is true, really amazing.
    nightlife for familys is really good from universals city walks , downtown disney and I drive and the 192.
    we even found a English supermarket in the old town off the 192 (at the back of the monster thing that throws u up 6 miles in the air lol)
    so we stocked up with tetley tea bags, HP sauce, weetabix etc.
    we booked with thomsom and flew Air 200 into sandford no probs at all either way.
    hope to go again soon only this time we will book a villa direct with the owner (cut out the middle man) so some of u might be getting e mails off me lol (i apologise in advance).
    everybody we met where really friendly and helpful, including the traffic cop who told me off for turning right at a red light( apparently you can only turn right on a normal red and not a red arrow).
    i was a bit worried about driving at first but after a couple of miles it was actually easier than driving in the U.K.
    a nice ice cold pint of guiness could be found in bennigans on the 192.
    we really have the florida bug now and are looking forward to our next visit.
    kevin

kkevingo

Glad to hear you had such a great holiday - and I'm sure we all look forward to receiving your enquiry through Orlando Villas
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sounds like you had a 'Magic' time. I'm so pleased everything went well, in particular your villa seeing as you didn't book straight with the owner and the driving.

Your posting should give a bit of confidence to other first time drivers now.

So when are you going back again then
    Orlandobabe

Florida Newbie
    When I moved out here to Orlando, it was the first time that I had been to the USA.

I found driving out here very easy. Just forget everything that the Higway Code teaches in the UK, and you will be fine! Its a great idea being able to turn right on a red light, and as for overtaking in any free lane.. its great!!! Also, the cars are so easy to drive. Most are automatics. I much prefer to driver here in the USA, rather than the UK now.... Last year i never thought I would hear myself saying that!