Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cypress Gardens

Gold 5 Star Member

Cypress Gardens

Well here we are in Florida!!

Have only managed one day out so far and decided on Cypress Gardens as I had promised myself that I would take a look, now that it has reopened.

I have read some slightly negative reports, but have to say that we really enjoyed our day there, despite the terrible weather.

The gardens are lovely, although the topiary animals are a bit manufactured. They are formed around wire frames, not cut to the shapes as I had expected.

There were several shows, including an ice show and a water ski show. Both were good entertainment.

Unfortunately we did not sample any of the rides available as the only one that appealed to me (I'm not a fan of rides) was closed because of the wet weather.

There are still more attractions planned for the park and I would recommend it for a day out.

When you buy your tickets, you can go to the Guest Services and get another ticket for a free day. This must be used within 6 days.
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks for the report Chris, we have been trying to decide wether to go and give this park a whirl the next time we are there, sounds as though you thought it was worth it.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

yes Thanx Christine for your helpful notes on Cypress Gardens, i do think we are going to have to have a look around there, i should think on a nice day its a lovely place to go to!
    Liesa

Me too, I'll give it a visit later in the year. Thanks for the report.

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    We too enjoyed out day out there in April, it was really pleasant.
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have been too and you like it more if you have never been before than if you are a regular visitor who keeps harping back to what was there before. We used to go regularly and to us it wasnt as good as it was, the people we were with who had never been before enjoyed it for what it was. I still dont think it is worth the price for what is open, a second day is only worth anything if you use it, I am guessing very few people do.
    Julie

we have never been before so it will be a treat for us to see it
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you are going out later this year, there will be a lot more to do than when we went, so I think that it will be worth the money.

We didn't go on any rides and the water park was not yet open and we still managed to spend 6 hours there!
    Christine

going in sept/oct chris so am hoping for a good day out for all the family!
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Like Julie says it it probably not worth a second visit even with the free ticket as you can do it all in a day. Going to put some pictures on later so you can have a look Liesa.
    CDV