Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Manny's Chophouse

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hamish
    We love the place, fantastic steaks and the bean&rice dish, is to die for, is,nt it Chris.[msnwink]
    [/quote]

Really looking forward to sampling it again in 3 weeks time![clap][beer]
    Christine

Florida Savvy
    Trouble with Mannys is everytime i go (at least twice a visit) i always eat loads of salad and the bread rolls then after main course, often the sizzlin steak tips i am so full i never have had room to try a desert.....[msncry]

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chris c
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hamish
    We love the place, fantastic steaks and the bean&rice dish, is to die for, is,nt it Chris.[msnwink][/quote]
    Really looking forward to sampling it again in 3 weeks time![clap][beer][/quote]SEE YOU THERE.[msnsmile2]

Be warned, we went twice on this last trip, Saturday night and Wednesday Night and on both occasions the waiting time was 90 mins that went into more like 100 mins, so I would suggest phone ahead before you leave the villa. There is very limited waiting rooms, so you can end up sitiing in your car, thats if you can get a parking space.

Already been there twice this week steaks just as good as always,don`t forget to phone ahead !

Florida Expert
    Where is Manny's and has anybody a phone number if you have to phone ahead. Sorry if this is really obvious but what is the difference between phone ahead and book a table; or is it one of the same thing?
    Thanks

Gold 5 Star Member
    There are actually two Manny's!
    The original one which I would think is the one visited by most of the posters here is on H27, about 7 miles south of Junction 55 of I4.
    Just past Southern Dunes on the opposite side of the road.
    There is also one at Lake Wales. It gets just as busy.
    You cannot book a table, but if you phone ahead, your name is put on the waiting list before you actually arrive and the wait is a lot shorter although you probably still have a bit of waiting to do!

The phone numbers are:
    863-422-3910 for Haines City
    863-678-0370 for Lake Wales
    Christine

Florida Newbie
    Here's a link to their webside

http://www.mannyschophouse.com/

What a wonderful place, we were there about 2/3 weeks ago, it was about 4.30 on a Saturday afternoon, the car park was nearly full (good sign), but when you step through the door it is just bustling, really did not expect it.
    We were told 30 mins wait but it was probably no more than 15. The salad was fantastic, really enjoyed it, the rolls were lovely, but much sweeter than we have in the UK and we did not try the cinammon butter.
    My husband had steak (the best he had on our holiday), I had a boneless pork chop, really nice. The thing with America is you dont get any extras on your plate (I suppose thats why they give you salad to start with) no peas, my husband ordered mushrooms and onions with the steak, but just dont expect the trimmings you get at home.
    Wish we had a Manny's over here!!
    Bob Evans was the other place I would recommend.

Can anyone tell me what time they close at night, or should I say, what time do they stop taking people in?
    We tend to have dinner around 9 / 9:30 pm in the summer, and I'm thinking it might be less busy around that time...assuming it's still open?