Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Manny's Chophouse

Florida Junior
    well worth the 14 miles

Gold 5 Star Member
    Andrew, we are at Highlands Reserve and it's a simple drive right out of Highlands Reserve and stay on the same road all the way. Think it took us about 20 mins.

Don't forget to call them before you set off and they will add you to the wait list, as it is quite often about an hour! There is a bar so you can get a drink whilst waiting.

Certainly one of my favourites restaurants (a tie with Cheesecake Factory!) and no way would I visit without a trip to Mannys now!

Florida Newbie
    Hi Diane,

Thankd for that... Mannys is now on my list of places to go in the first week.. You mention The Cheesecake Factory where is that.. it sounds very nice.

Also do you have any tips I need to know abount Highlands? I can belive its only 4 more days to go [high5]
    Andrew

Super Moderator
    The Cheesecake Factory is in Mall of Mallenia and alongside Manny's it is a nice place to eat. The portions are large and I never get through the main course without a take out box so never manage the cheesecake afterwards. Always end up buying a 6" cake to take away and we share it over the next couple of days.

Gold 5 Star Member
    They are indeed huge portions at Cheesecake Factory and I always struggle to finish a meal off!

As for tips for Highlands Andrew, well there is the golf course as you know, tennis court and communal pool. Most of the homes are within walking distance of Berry Town Centre which has a Publix supermarket, and various eat-in/takeaway restaurants. Pizza Mia is good for a quick meal (we normally walk there and sit out for a pizza at lunch time), and Applebees is excellent - very reasonably priced with a very comprehensive menu and is very popular at all times. We went at 6.00 pm and it was still very busy so early on. We always walk to Publix to do a bit of grocery shopping and grab an English Newspaper each morning, and that's the key to me not putting weight on after so many huge portions!!

We took friends who had never been before and they have definitely decided it is now on their place to visit every trip from now on.
    Jill and Brian

Florida Newbie
    Thanks Guys,
    it sounds like I have done right by picking Highlands Reserve as our place to stay. I was worried in the begening but I feel very happy now. Just cant wait to get to that mall to try the food out - only 4 more days to go [high5]
    Andrew

Well, we're going to try this place out early next week, or possibly Sunday night. I must say having read the comments, it's got a lot to live up to, so I'm looking forward to it. Will try fasting on Saturday to get ready (shouldn't be difficult, having stocked up on turkey etc).

Just need to persuade Mrs T that she would like to drive and it's a really easy one with no difficult junctions and we're all set!
    Tonish

Florida Savvy
    Hi everyone,

Is this place easy to find or are there any landmarks we can look out for? We're out in March and I would love to try this place.

Karen

Florida Junior
    Hi we went to Manny's Wednesday night and again Saturday night, talk about totally different evenings! Wednesday we waited about an hour for a table (the Haines City restaurant) and Saturday about 40 minutes. Wednesday a guy called Darryl served us and he was fantastic, very friendly and we had a great meal for the massive cost of $59! Saturday Brenda served us and her service was poor, we waited about an hour for our main meal, when we got it the steak was very tough and our 9 year old's 'Steak on a stick' was red raw inside, not good for kids I don't think. My 15 year olds steak was tough as old boots the salad was soggy and fries went cold very quickly total cost of meal $83! We are so glad this was our 2nd visit or might have thought again about going back. Might have to try our a couple of other steak houses now to see how they compare.