Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Romas in the UK.

Florida Expert

Tony Romas in the UK.

Do you know there is a Tony Romas in the UK now? It's in Kingston upon Thames. Has anyone tried it yet? Dawn & I will go there when we next go down on a shopping weekend! [msnwink][msnsmile2]

Steve & Dawn
    Steve & Dawn

Gold 5 Star Member
    Will look forward to the report back then Steve & Daen, we noticed that they had added one in the Uk, bit far for us though, this is one of our favourite restaurants in Orlando, we always have to go at least once when there. My mouth is watering just at the thought of those Baby Backs.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

Florida Expert
    Steve & Dawn,

Hope it's better than some of the TGI Fridays in the UK. Compared to the Orlando / Kissimmee
    one's some of the UK ones could do with improving. Tony Romas on the 192 is great. Wonder if they'll ever have any Olive Gardens here?
    Kevin

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
    Will look forward to the report back then Steve & Daen, we noticed that they had added one in the Uk, bit far for us though, this is one of our favourite restaurants in Orlando, we always have to go at least once when there. My mouth is watering just at the thought of those Baby Backs.[msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

Ray & Sarah, Mmmmm.... Yessss... and the Baked Potato soup, Onion Loaf.... Ooh.. Might have to be sooner than later I think!

Steve & Dawn
    Steve & Dawn

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thats both of our favourite restaurants in the US you've mentioned there Kevin, Tonys Romas for ribs and The Olive Garden for a great italian meal. We have tried alot of restaurants in Florida but these two remain on our "must visit" list.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    Sarah

Florida Savvy
    Didn't know that, but I know there is an Outback in South London. My Daughter and I went to the Embassy for her Visa and thought we might try it out. I got directions off the internet, which said it was 0.8 miles from East Putney station, it's NOT. We walked at least 3 to 4 miles to get to it (that's determination) thinking it couldn't be much further ha. We were kind of pleasantly surprised by it, although no bread and no salad included. I don't think I would walk that far to visit it again however. We also got to spend a pleasant afternoon in the pub round the corner, and got a little tiddly, hic. [msnembarrased]
    Jan.

Florida Newbie
    ........completely agree with Kevin. The TGI's in the UK are very disappointing in both quality of food and quality of service. Our local one is not much more than a Macdonalds with waiter service and a bar......

Florida Chatterbox
    Yes I agree too. We went to the TGI's in Lakeside last Sunday and the service was appalling!! They advertise free refills but we had to ask for these which I don't mind too much about but that was after we had asked 3 times for some condiments. That was three different people we asked too - not good! Our waitress didn't get a tip which is something I don't like doing but the service was not good. They also had no veggie burgers so that was not a good start. The service we have received from TGI's in US is great - never had any cause for complaint. Glad to hear that Tony Romas are over here now and agree that an Olive Garden would be fantastic. Our favourite restaurant!
    Francine

Florida Chatterbox
    I adore the Olive Garden and would welcome some here in the UK, but we would never be able to match the amazing US customer service that we have come to love!!!!

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DisneyDreamer
    I adore the Olive Garden and would welcome some here in the UK, but we would never be able to match the amazing US customer service that we have come to love!!!!
    [/quote]

Might be a while yet before that happens. Looking at their website they only appear to be in US & Canada.[msnsad]

Steve & Dawn
    Steve & Dawn