Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad start but great holiday _ KevinT

Gold 5 Star Member
    Do add Gaylord Palms to your list Kevin, we had a lovely meal there on our last trip, the company was pretty good too, we got to meet Rosie & Al and Tricia & Dave.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

Florida Expert
    Definitely a must for the next time Ray & Sarah [msntongue] Apparently they have different
    nationality meals on different nights so we'll have to pick something exotic!!
    Kevin

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KevinT
    Definitely a must for the next time Ray & Sarah [msntongue] Apparently they have different
    nationality meals on different nights so we'll have to pick something exotic!!
    [/quote]

Yes thats right, we went on Greek night, great selection. Want to go back and sample another night the next time we are in Florida.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

Florida Expert
    Thanks for a great report Kevin. We were very interested in the Sunday Brunch at the Renaissance because we celebrate two birthdays and a wedding anniversary while we are in Florida . Last year we did Sunday Brunch at the Peabody it was superb and we enjoyed seeing the famous Peabody ducks parade in the hotel foyer This year we would like to try the Renaissance for a change.

How much is Sunday Brunch anyway?
    Olive

Florida Expert
    Olive,

I think it was about $35 (ish)per person. Normally the hotel charge a $10 parking fee (I think it was to stop people parking in the Renaissance for free and walking over to Seaworld) but if you eat in the hotel, they endorse your parking ticket and you don't need to pay on exit.
    Not the cheapest buffet in Orlando but it is really classy. If you like champagne you could cover the cost in that alone [msnwink] but get someone else to drive !! as the police were very much in evidence when we were there with instant speed checks etc.
    We were told of the Peabody (and the ducks!) by my brother in law and keep meaning to go there to see them.
    Kevin

Florida Expert
    Thank you Kevin , The Renaissance works out somewhat cheaper than the Peabody,and appears remarkably similar. Yes I take heed about the nondriver. Last year we assumed they gave you just one glass of champagne at the Peabody Brunch bbut they kept filling your glass and my poor husband who is our only driver had to stick to orange juice.This year we are either booking in for one night or taking a taxi. We are staying out in Grand Reserve so that might prove quite expensive . What the hell its our 28th wedding anniversary my [:O]birthday and my sons 25th birthday. My motto any excuse to celebrate
    Olive

Florida Chatterbox
    Great report Kevin [clap]

My mouth was watering at the 'brunch' description you made it sound so good!! [:P]
    Janice

Florida Expert
    Thanks Janice,

For real "mouth watering" check out my photo of the melted chocolate fountain at the Renaissance

on another thread. http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_21182.asp
    Kevin

Florida Expert
    My artries are getting clogged just looking at it. I cant wait.Thanks Kevin.
    Olive

Florida Expert
    Have a brilliant time Olive then we'll be able to see your trip report.

When do you go?
    Kevin