Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: limit to pages per topic

Thanks Blott, I knew Iwasn't dreaming and that I had read it somewhere!<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
    John did mention something about this before as he felt it could create a technical problem if threads became too long. Was this not the idea of the communities section so that the threads could be broken down into smaller threads for each community?
    I'm sure John has the answer to this one and will reply when he gets to Florida[msnsmile2][/quote]It was because of the Highgrove thread as people were experiencing problems with it when it got to about 150 odd pages and took a long time to load - I think, if I remember correctly!
    [/quote]

Liz

Florida Expert
    good grief you are taking me the wrong way

i am talking about the size and the time it takes to load just been on dialup again for about a month [msnmad]

technical problem with aol

the highgrove thread was the one that brought the problem to my attention

i am thinking of having subjects with a part 2 etc so they dont take as long to download

i could never think about closing a subject down as it is not my place to do so

tezz 7628

Florida Junior
    I am on dial-up with AOL and had similar problems but since we increased the memory on the PC it has really speeded things up and we don't have that problem any more.
    Lindajo