Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: virgin.......

Florida Newbie

virgin.......

hello again, thanks for replies to previous posts

just wondered had anyone travelled from gatwick to florida with virgin?
    what kind of service and flight can i expect, are the flights stupidly cramped etc

thanks

Florida Savvy
    Hi there, Yes I have flown with Virgin to Orlando about a dozen times, including most recently last month. I would have to say the flights are pretty comfortable, the advantage of Virgin over most other airlines is the entertainment system which normally has a good selection of half a dozen good films (normally inlcuding a recent/new disney film for the kids), as well as other channels such as comedy programmes, a kids channel etc. Some even have video games which goes down very well with the teenagers.

Another noticeable plus point is the service of the cabin staff, they are very helpfull, always in a reasonable mood, and prompt with food etc. As for space (legroom...), theres not a great deal in economy, but its not too bad (I'm 6 foot 2 and I can put up with it for 8 hours...).

There is a kids pack given out before takeoff and if you ask for one - a kids meal too. I would reccomend this for any little ones who would much rather have chicken nuggets than lasagne.

We now always fly with Virgin to Florida, and to be honest I've grown to look foward to the flight rather than dread it (didnt use to be too keen on flying!). If you have any specific questions just ask and i'll see if I can help.

Have a great holiday!
    Will

http://www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/546.aspx

Hi,

I too have flown several times with Virgin on this route, and would not choose any other carrier! They have always (with one exception!) been great with service, friendly to the max, and generous with the drinks!!! You'll love them too I'm sure!
    Tink

Florida Expert
    We always fly Virgin too. We have had one mediocre (not really bad) flight with them but otherwise very good. Excellent for the kids. They're not perfect of course but we're basically happy with them so no reason to change.
    Angela

Florida Newbie
    I would agree with all the above. It takes a lot to force us to fly with anyone else. I have a serious back problem and they are always very accommodating with my seat location. Also if you want more leg room the premium economy class upgrade can be quite reasonable. If you require a car as well, it may be worth considering their fly-drive price in the Virgin Holidays brochure as for us it works out cheaper than separate flights and car. On your third trip with Virgin, you get discount on the brochure prices.
    It's also worthwhile enrolling in their frequent flyer program even if you only fly once a year as the miles soon mount up and you can spend them on flights or upgrades.
    Check out the Virgin holidays, Travelstore or Atlantic web sites.

Florida Expert
    Its good for the kids, makes them realize they are off to Disney as soon as they get on the flight. Our bad part was our follow on flight to Dublin with Ryanair - the kids couldn't figure our where their TV screen had gone!
    phil moloney
    www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/250.aspx

Florida Expert
    I won't travel to Orlando anymore unless its with Virgin. I think they are brilliant. However, I don't like flying economy (travel snob I guess!), and always fly Premium. Like Angela says above, the rates are reasonable if booking a fly-drive through Virgin Holidays. I think the supplement is something like £300-£350 return per person, but then you can't beat the space you get, and also you get to sit in the upper deck, its great.

Go for it, thats what I say.

Matt
    Matt

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/602.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Looking forward to flying with Virgin for the 4th time in October this year never ever had a problem. Last time we flew with them was just after 9\11 and they were superb I was pretty nervous and a great chap (cabin crew) saw me suffering and took at least 20 mins of his busy time to sit with me and re-assure me still felt scared but what a nice gesture
    kym

Florida Expert
    We have found virgin to be the best in coping with travel sick children. They were so helpful and reassuring to the little ones.

Florida Newbie
    Last time we traveled with virgin to Orlando, we told the check in desk that we were flying out to get married........... (Bit of a porky there)

We were automatically upgraded to UPPER CLASS and bigged it up all the way over the atlantic.

A little white lie never goes a miss when there is caviar on the menu, instead of rock hard minted peas back in cattle class! lol

Good Luck