Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Expedition Everest

Gold 5 Star Member
    Not familiar with the Matterhorn? Will it be on a par with the runaway train? I always have to have soooo much detail before getting on a ride, such a woss[msneek][msnscared]My heart wants to go on everything, but my head says " Have a word with yourself!!"[msnoo]

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    It's at Disneyland in LA. <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
    Not familiar with the Matterhorn? Will it be on a par with the runaway train? I always have to have soooo much detail before getting on a ride, such a woss[msneek][msnscared]My heart wants to go on everything, but my head says " Have a word with yourself!!"[msnoo]
    [/quote]

Here's some new info on this new ride I just found:

http://www.rcdb.com/id2389.htm

We went on Matterhorn Bobsleds at Disneyland in Los Angeles on Friday last week and it was great. Very similar to what I would imaine the new AK ride to be - they even have the Yeti roaring out at you at one point which I have heard is a feature of the new AK ride.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    It's at Disneyland in LA. <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Florida Expert
    the new rollercoaster is really big now since we went in christmas cant wait to go on it!!!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    2006, for opening? Oh dear, I told our daughter I thought it would be open for one of our Disney trips this year[msnsad]Never mind, we will have to wait a bit longer, mind you, I am not sure I will be brave enough to go on it [msnwink]

Here are the latest pictures of the ride taken 2 days ago:

Gold 5 Star Member
    Wow, it's really coming on now, looking forward to trying this when it opens [msnsmile2]
    Rosie

Gold 5 Star Member
    I can believe how long they are taking to build this. First post was March 2003 and then we thought it would be open Summer 2005 and that seemed a long time, now it is Spring 2006 which means three whole years in the build. When they started to build 1slands of Adventure, they gave a date three years off and stuck to it. How can it take as long to build just this one ride??
    Julie

Florida Expert
    yes i thought that about my villa julie!!
    i cant see johns photy for some reason here but its starting to get its meat on its bones.we were there yest and there was a tbig pile of 'stuff' on the ground and looks like they were mixing it up and spraying it onto parts of the structure. does anyone know what it is. sort of concrete sort of fibre glass, but it gives that disney-universal texture that can create rocks or tree bows, whatever they want really

also the peripheral buildings, i suppose food and gift shops are starting to poke their heads above the hoardings -

quite exciting really[msnsmile2]
    Trev