Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital Cameras - Megapixels

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Steve

I have a Kodak DX3500 2.2 and although it takes fine photos for me I think it's time to upgrade. The old dear is starting to look a bit old fashioned!!

So I read with great interest your advise.

However I still can't decide whether to stick with Kodak or try another make. I don't want to spend too much....what do you think?

Thanks

mel

Going Off topic to Printers; We have a Hi-Touch Dedicated Photo Printer and it is so easy to use we would be lost without it. May seem expensive but not if you factor in the ability to print great pictures very quickly at home. It comes with a basic software package the seems to be good for 80% of the images.
    Dave [msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have a Canon S50 Mel. I'm very happy with it, although it is a bit on the bulky and heavy size, towards the limit of what you want to be carrying around in your pocket if you don't have a rucksac with you. If I were looking for a replacement digi I don't think I would look any further than the Nikon Coolpix range. A couple of friends have them and I've been impressed whenever I've seen them.
    Steve

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jolliffee
    Going Off topic to Printers; We have a Hi-Touch Dedicated Photo Printer and it is so easy to use we would be lost without it. May seem expensive but not if you factor in the ability to print great pictures very quickly at home. It comes with a basic software package the seems to be good for 80% of the images.
    [/quote]

Dave, which model do you have? Just had a look on their website and they look great, I would like to be able to print off the odd picture or two at home instantly.
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Newbie
    I have had a load of pictures printed by Photobox on the net. Quality is excellent, and that was from a low spec camera. However, since then ASDA have introduced the digital printing instore, and as a colleague I get a discount I couldn't get that kind of quality for that price doing it myself. The only pictures I print myself are enlargements.
    Flash

Gold 5 Star Member
    I use the print service at www.fujilab.co.uk although behind the scenes it's the same processor as used by Jessops, Dabs and heaps of other places.

I ordered a 27"x18" print of one of the Epcot fireworks photos to check the Nikon's image quality. It's good! Very good.
    Steve

This is great advice guys, We are buying a new camera and I have seen an offer for the Kodak Easyshare DX7590 plus free Kodak printer dock for £279. I think that's quite good but saying that I don't know much about cameras.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
    I have a Canon S50 Mel. I'm very happy with it, although it is a bit on the bulky and heavy size, towards the limit of what you want to be carrying around in your pocket if you don't have a rucksac with you. If I were looking for a replacement digi I don't think I would look any further than the Nikon Coolpix range. A couple of friends have them and I've been impressed whenever I've seen them.
    [/quote]

Thanks Steve

Shall have at look at the Nikon.

Mel

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have a Nikon Coolpix 4300 (thanks to Caroline's recommendation) and love it
    Ruth