Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: young drivers

Florida Newbie

young drivers

[easter1]Can anyone recommend an insurance co for getting cheap insurance for a recently passed 17 year old driver ?

tesco.com mine have used them, have just got a quote for a 17 year old daughter of a friend a punto, £1,060 i didnt think it was bad?
    Liesa

Super Moderator
    Has your youngster taken their Pass Plus testas some insurance companies do recognise this exam and will give a discount. Our 2 boys have taken this and one has his Institute of Advanced motorists who have their own insurance policy. Our youngest has also signed up to take the IAM test and at the moment they are running a scheme for young drivers whereby most or all of the cost is refunded. This is a good offer as the youngsters get more instruction on safe driving skills and cheaper car insurance.

sounds like an even better idea, anything to get these youngsters appreciate saftey on the roads! and better driving skills!!!!!
    Liesa

My son is 17 today!! He also took his Theory test this morning and passed. He's hoping to pass his practice test by middle of June, so he is having his lessons daily.

I have used www.insureyourmotor.com - £1315!![msneek][msneek][msneek] but out of 6 different companies it was the cheapest. Go on to the website and get a quote first, then ring them. They always quote better. My 2 daughters have also had the best quotes from them recently. If my son takes the PassPlus they will give him a full years 'no claim' bonus next year, so it should come down substantially (as long as he drives carefully).

Debra

happy birthday to your son Deb [clap] and well done to him for passing his theory![clap]
    Liesa

Thanks Leisa - after taxi-ing 3 children around, he's the last one so those days may soon be over. More time for the forum!! [msnsmile2]
    Debra

he he he i know the feeling! i have done the same since i have been driving for the last 17 years and now am down to the last one at school the youngest of 6 will be the only child of mine at school as Terri the next daughter up is leaving in a few weeks!!![msncry]
    what will i do all day!...... doh!! be here still like i always am now!![laugh][laugh]
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jill
    Has your youngster taken their Pass Plus testas some insurance companies do recognise this exam and will give a discount. Our 2 boys have taken this and one has his Institute of Advanced motorists who have their own insurance policy. Our youngest has also signed up to take the IAM test and at the moment they are running a scheme for young drivers whereby most or all of the cost is refunded. This is a good offer as the youngsters get more instruction on safe driving skills and cheaper car insurance.
    [/quote]
    I work for an insurance company, I can echo the above advice ... get the Pass Plus certificate and you will find most insurers will offer you a discount.

Florida Newbie
    try www.1stquote.co.uk and also www.adrianflux.co.uk

Unfortunately it's not going to be cheap for the first couple of years due to his/her age

It will probably be cheaper if they were to take out insurance with an additional driver for a year or two, but with the young driver as the main policy holder that way they still get the no claims.

I did this with my mom as a named driver and paid £1200 for a 1.3 Ka but on my own they wanted £1750