Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looks like we will be able to go - UPDATE

Florida Expert
    Ha Tia33 that saying hs been said a lot this week "Wrap him up in Cotton wool" my son keeps saying I wish you would stop saying that!

Florida Chatterbox
    At present the whole family is being wrapped up in cotton wool. As per usual the school has a sickness bug going round. So i am keeping all fingers crossed that Kieran and Adam(yes i have one to. He is accident prone too. Head injuries are his speciality)keep a clean bill of health. I work in an office in a children's nursery. If i have to go in and help with the children i feel very tempted to wear gloves all the time.These little darlings always seem to have something contagious.
    I am glad everything has worked out ok for your son.Have a lovely holiday.[msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I am sorry to hear of your son's accident but delighted that your holiday can go ahead as planned. Have a great time
    Ruth

Florida Expert
    I too Bluebirds work in a school and I always seem to be catching some bug or another, I work at the same school as my son so he will be keeping up with his work and may go back part time after next week, but I want to wrap him up and keep him out of harms way!
    Lovely children[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Great news Ravtino, hope you have a fantastic holiday[8D]

Liz

jacqueline, am sorry to hear of the latest bad news concerning Adams arm!
    will email you but i hope he mends quickly![msneek]
    Liesa

If he has to have a plaster on the arm whilst away, you can get a special " bag" to put on to go in the pool. Its like a tight fit polythene bag - ish thing, called Water shield
    My son broke his arm whilst there, and the place that supplied them was in Central Orlando, so we went directly there and got one [ they are sized to fit], and it was great for him in the pool.
    I saw the leaflet in the fracture clinic in our hospital here, also, so they must be available in UK - it was great for him having a shower and everything. Simple idea, and made a fed up face much better. We also had problems with Kraken [ Sea World]- they wouldn't let him ride in case his cast hit anyone else! There were tears then - but never fear - I went into a store in Sea World, bought a Sweatshirt, that covered the cast, and he walked on! [We had a Doctor with us, who said his arm would be okay, I did check that!!]
    Also make sure they fit a lightweight fibre glass cast for him.
    go and enjoy your holiday - and if any problems, just go to the Hospital at Celebration, they are the nearest A & E to Disney [ don't know where you are staying] they did a temporary cast for my son, then sent him the next day to see an Orthapaedic surgeon who manipulated his arm into place, and put a nice bright cast on [ $1500 or thereabouts ] Check the Insurance !!

we do have them here!! thats jogged my memory, i saw them advertised at our local childrens hospital!! i'm sure if you tap into google or such like you will get the address if needed over here!
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    Thanks Susanj we have been told that they will take the cast off by then (if nothing else goes wrong) and he can swim, the Dr wasent sure about rides though, so I thought I might take his removeable cast with us and then he could ride - I am checking with the insurance on Monday for a screening to see if we have to pay more -our DR here says he will be OK but knowing what insurance is like i wouldnt want to go and something not be Ok especially with the wires staying in place for another 7 months - I was worried that they might poke out!!!