Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please, no more threads just containing a link

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Yes that's ok.

What I was getting at was there were a few people who would just come on here and post 10-20 threads, all just containing a link and nothing else. I like a joke the same as the next person but did not see them as doing anything for the forums - if the joke was posted on here (rather than a link to the joke) then that would have been ok.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
    John just posted a couple of links for Chrizzy just to explain what the crazy frog is, hope that was OK??
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
    John just posted a couple of links for Chrizzy just to explain what the crazy frog is, hope that was OK??
    [/quote]

I'll go look now.....thanks....

Florida Expert
    John,

I fully understand what you say and why you are doing this, but could i just point out the following.

If you removed all posts that just had a link, then the GRIDLOCK game would have been removed, this had 669 viewings.

WHICH DISNEY CHARACTER ARE YOU?? has had 401 viewings and the MINIGOLF ANYONE has had 244 hits.

Most people seem to have enjoyed these, and so without a link they would never have been seen or played. this would have been a shame.

It seems a little bit like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, to simply dismiss all links, could have a little leeway???

Neil & Kay

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I'm on vacation in Florida myself at the moment and really do not have the time or inclination to get into a debate on this. I've said what I said and that is what I would politely request users to do.

If you read my post above you will see that the rule was aimed at the one or two users who were posting 10-20 new topics a day, all containing a single link and nothing else. I have nothing against the odd post like this but not multiple posts.

I'm locking this thread now as it's not going anywhere.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty
    John,

I fully understand what you say and why you are doing this, but could i just point out the following.

If you removed all posts that just had a link, then the GRIDLOCK game would have been removed, this had 669 viewings.

WHICH DISNEY CHARACTER ARE YOU?? has had 401 viewings and the MINIGOLF ANYONE has had 244 hits.

Most people seem to have enjoyed these, and so without a link they would never have been seen or played. this would have been a shame.

It seems a little bit like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, to simply dismiss all links, could have a little leeway???

[/quote]