Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to Fish in Orlando?

Florida Chatterbox

Where to Fish in Orlando?

Can anybody share a great place to fish near WDW? My husband wants to take our daughter fishing while we are in Orlando in May. But he wants to keep in in the vecinity of WDW or our resort (Like Tiki Village). Any names, phone numbers, websites or prices will be greatley appreciated.

Thank you
    Anderson, Amirah & Andrea Amarante

Why not contact the resort (I have never heard of it) and see if there are fishing lakes there . Most of the owners on here have lakes within walking distance of the houses and supply fishing gear.
    Disney has some good fishing on site. Fort wilderness is good.
    Dont forget you will need a license (get from wlamart or fishing shop) unless you are using a cane pole. There is noi such thing as private fohing in florida and you can fish anywhere (provided you can access the water).
    Dont worry about gators, attacks are extremely rare you have a higher chance of being run over by a bus.

quote:Originally posted by Amirah

Can anybody share a great place to fish near WDW? My husband wants to take our daughter fishing while we are in Orlando in May. But he wants to keep in in the vecinity of WDW or our resort (Like Tiki Village). Any names, phone numbers, websites or prices will be greatley appreciated.

Thank you

Florida Expert
    Martin
    Do you mean we can just go onto someone elses subdivision and use the lake for fishing in?
    Last week Paul and Peter went fishing at Kissimmee lakefront park and had a great time but somewhere like Esprit would be nearer. They bought their rods at Walmart, Peters for $20 and Pauls for about $60. Only trouble is Paul prefers Peter's!!!

Florida Chatterbox
    I called my resort like some of you suggested and yes they have fishing on site. I'm not sure if it up to par, but it will have to do.

Thank you all.
    Anderson, Amirah & Andrea Amarante

Yes you can fish anywhere. You have access to Lake Davenport at Esprit (during the quieter times you can catch me ishing their late afternoon). You should have a license though.

quote:Originally posted by chris

Martin
    Do you mean we can just go onto someone elses subdivision and use the lake for fishing in?
    Last week Paul and Peter went fishing at Kissimmee lakefront park and had a great time but somewhere like Esprit would be nearer. They bought their rods at Walmart, Peters for $20 and Pauls for about $60. Only trouble is Paul prefers Peter's!!!

Florida Savvy
    I am not an expert on fishing but we have just bought a villa on Terra Verde and one of the things they advertise as a selling point is the fact that it has a lake stocked with fish for anglers. I assume that you have to bring your own rods, but maybe the clubhouse hire them out. It is also a great community for kids as you can see if you log onto the site.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villaview.aspx?villa=1601

Florida Newbie
    is there anyware to fish for tuna or cod ! non of of this lake fishing but sea fishing
    r.wiley

Florida Newbie
    Can you go to beach in keys buy some snorklin gear and off you go or even swim near corals with out using a boat to get you there
    please pm me many thanks.
    r.wiley

Gold 5 Star Member
    Try here for info about salt water fishing. http://myfwc.com/marine/ where you can also purchase fishing licenses.
    blott

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by royplumber
    is there anyware to fish for tuna or cod ! non of of this lake fishing but sea fishing
    [/quote]

Hi far are you willing to travel for good fishing? I have info. for excellent fishing in SW. Florida if you are interested.[msnsmile2]
    Kevin