Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's a crockpot?

What's a crockpot?

Is it because I'm male or from the Uk that I don't know what a crockpot is? Our next guests have asked if we have a crockpot or should they bring their own.[:I] To be on the safe side I've suggested they bring their own but I wonder what they are going to be doing.
    Drew
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1108.aspx
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1696.aspx

I think it's a slow cooker isn't it? One of those electric pots you can casserole things in all day on a very low heat. I had one for a wedding present and used it a couple of times, but the novelty of frying the meat early in the morning to seal it soon wore off! So I gave it to my mum, I wonder if she still has it!
    Fiona

Gold 5 Star Member
    Yep, Fiona, you got it or alternatively it can be an earthenware casserole dish with a lid (non electric and for use in the oven for slow cooking) and it's a UK term so far as I know? So it must be because you're male Drew!
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    [laugh]Popuular pre microwave!
    CDV

OMG Fiona I had one of those as well. The outside was orange and the dish bit was brown earthenware. I dispensed with the cooker bit after a while, but used the dish for ages till I broke it[msneek]

Liz

Yes, it is a slow cooker and I use mine all the time and will be buying one for our villa. It's great to put something in there, hit the parks and come back to a lovely slowly caseroled dinner. As for the time taken to fry off the meat beforehand, you can do this in 30 seconds in the microwave, using the same dish, then just pop it into the slow cooker base, add the other ingredients and Robert's your father's brother. Yummy!

Di.
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx

Florida Expert
    The problem with those is they break easy and most of the lids are made out of glass so for vacation rentals I would suggest the regular type cooking ware.
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

Yep - I have one of those too and I love it. Would be an idea to get one for the villa whne we are next over although I would never use it myself as I don't cook anything bigger than a Pizza when in Florida as too many places to eat out[msnsmile2]
    Jan and Lee

Thanks for that. I think we might have had one as a wedding present - shaped like a chicken. Went to a car boot sale unused 20 years later probably.
    Drew
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1108.aspx
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1696.aspx

Florida Expert
    add it to the list on my 'things out of fashion' thread. what a crock
    Trev