Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's a crockpot?

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by drew2
    Thanks for that. I think we might have had one as a wedding present - shaped like a chicken. Went to a car boot sale unused 20 years later probably.
    Drew
    [/quote]

[laugh]Shaped like a chicken!
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by drew2
    Thanks for that. I think we might have had one as a wedding present - shaped like a chicken. Went to a car boot sale unused 20 years later probably.
    Drew
    [/quote]

[laugh]Shaped like a chicken![/quote]That'd be a chicken brick Drew! [laugh] It's for roasting chickens in without getting the oven splattered with grease and for keeping the flavour in. A crockpot is an entirely different thing!

I can tell how often you do any 'cheffing'!
    blott

Florida Expert
    Have to add a bit in support of 'slow cookers'. Use mine most of the winter for great stews and casseroles. I've never pre sealed anything I've cooked, and it still turns out great.Will be getting one for the villa next time we are out.They run on minimum electric too. Much cheaper than having a casserole dish in the main or secondary oven.
    Ian and Sarah
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/2015.aspx

I'll add my support too - great for when the kids have after school activites etc, ready when we return to be seved up[clap]

One of my recent guests suggested a skillet might be a good idea- is this just a large frying pan or something different in the USA[msnscared]
    Dawn Murray

Florida Expert
    I would like to add my support of slow cookers too. Bought one earlier this year and it's great. I do everything from a whole chicken to a curry; never brown anything first and it's lovely. My youngest is funny about eating meat but she'll eat it out of there (as long as I drain any gravy off because she doesn't like that - not that she's fussy!) because it is so tender. great idea to have in a rental.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We bought one for our villa last time we were there (£19.99 Walmart).
    We used it several times - great to leave a simple meal cooking whilst we are out all day - means we can have a relaxing meal on the pool deck without having to slave over a hot stove!
    We did spag bol, chilli and salmon with sauce. Delicious!
    Carole

Florida Chatterbox
    Long Live the Slow Cooker...fantastic, shove something in to cook when I go to work then dish it up when we all get in....love it.

Had a Chick Brick too, it cooked chicken beautifully!

Gold 5 Star Member
    What is a beldam and a nick? In a book a friend is reading by a UK author.

Thanks,

Gold 5 Star Member
    A beldam is an ugly old woman. I assume from the French belle dame.

A nick (noun) could be a number of things - a police station or prison or a groove down the side of a printing press to ensure the type is straight or a shallow cut. As a verb it might be just in time or to steal or arrest or cheat.
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    A beldam is an ugly old woman. I assume from the French belle dame.

A nick (noun) could be a number of things - a police station or prison or a groove down the side of a printing press to ensure the type is straight or a shallow cut. As a verb it might be just in time or to steal or arrest or cheat.
    [/quote]

Thanks, those were hard ones to figure out.