Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Wish I was still there

Florida Expert

Wish I was still there

Hi Everyone,
    Got home yesterday after spending 2 lovely weeks in our villa. Still suffering from jet lag after the shock of discovering we were on the rota to help run Kids Klub at our church at 9 am this morning! Both me and Paul volunteered for loo duty rather than trying to be enthusiastic with the 160 kids who went!

Anyway, back to Florida. We were very impressed by the cabin crew on our Virgin flight who coped magnificently with my sons travel sickness. They were there in seconds with plastic gloves on and disinfectant in hand. Fortunately it only happened the once compared with 7 times on his last flight there[xx(].
    I had my first proper 'holiday' in my own home. Paul had been out in October so had done a lot of the jobs then. We only had one major maintenance day and one home depot day but the rest of the time we spent enjoying ourselves. The car we hired was brand new, it only had 400 miles on the clock! I'd never driven in Florida before but managed one trip to the library which wasn't too bad.
    Every 3 days I went to the library to deal with important emails but still had 500 new ones when I got home!
    The weather was good, bad and wonderful. When we left on Thursday it was 87 degrees.
    Thanks to the forum we found a few different things to do.
    On our first Sunday we went to the Rhythm and Blues festival in Kissimmee Park. It was good fun but we felt quite out of place - being both English and white[:I], it is a celebration of black American heritage! The music and food were really good, and we got given free beads to wear.
    Sunday night we met up with Michelle and Kevin Maxted. I meant to take a photo of us all together but forgot. Thanks for a good evening.
    Paul and Peter bought some rods and fishing licences at Walmart and went fishing on Lake Toho. They caught a few small fish but their biggest one was only a 12 inch bass and it had to be 14 inches to be allowed to keep it.
    When we went to MGM, we had lunch at the Prime Time cafe. It was great fun. David kept being told off by 'Aunty Gail' for not taking off his baseball cap and sunglasses at the table. We met our 'cousins' from New York and Philadelphia. For those who don't know, this is a restaurant where you have to pretend you're part of the family and get chastised for doing things wrong like elbows on the table.
    We spent a day in Disneyquest but found it was too 'intense' for us. Peter was the only one who didn't have either a panic attack or a thumping headache[V].
    David was really pleased as he saw a film at the cinema which was rated PG13 in America but 15 here (he's 14).
    Our major disappointment was that Blizzard Beach which was scheduled to reopen 1 March is still closed until 9 April. I've never been there. We went to Typhoon Lagoon instead but it was really packed.
    One highlight of the day at Typhoon Lagoon which I'd forgotten about was Humunga Karabunga - a ripping good ride (Literally). Paul went on it and when he emerged his swim shorts had split from top to bottom!!!!!![:I][:I][:I] Good job it was 4.55 and the park closed at 5!

We really can't wait to go back so we've decided to go in Easter 2004 instead of waiting for the summer holidays which were going to do.

Florida Expert
    Hi Chris,

Glad to hear you had a great holiday, but one question. How did you manage to get away with only one day Home Depot and maintenance? We seem to spend a good half of our holiday working in the villa [V] Mind you we can't wait to go back again roll on June [8D]

Jeff
    Jeff & Dallas Myers
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/256.aspx

Florida Expert
    I was pleasantly surprised too. Paul had been out in October and bought new furniture and a PS2 and done some stuff then. This time I gave the whole place a good clean and washed all the bed covers. Paul did touch up painting and fitted a new toilet seat. Then he cut a new pool cover and pressure washed the screen supports and decking.
    I think the main reason is our brilliant management company. They treat every house like their own and sort out even the little problems as they go along. They don't charge the earth either. I couldn't ask for better.