Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pleasure Island or City Walk?

Florida Chatterbox

Pleasure Island or City Walk?

I will be in Orlando for 7 days in May and I have one night open without the kids with my husband. We cannot decide whether we should go to Disney's Pleasure Island or Univeral City walk. We enjoy different kinds of foods and music. We are also open to new and exciting things. We've never been to Orlando before so any suggestions will be great. This site is great!
    Anderson, Amirah & Andrea Amarante

Gold 5 Star Member
    I personally prefer Pleasure Island. It is compact, has a certain theming and the New Years Eve fireworks every night. City Walk to me is spread out and just seems like the walkway through to Universal with a few clubs and restaurants scattered about with no real cohesion. It does depend on the type of music you like though. Pleasure Island has clubs concentrating on Rock, 70s, Jazz, Country and Techno plus a live band ( whatever you get that night). Universal had clubs concentrating on Raggae, Mowtown and Latin American and of course the Hard Rock Cafe.. So quite different in style. Pleasure Island has two theatre style attractions also as well as the clubs, whereas City Walk does not, but it does have a huge cineama. I would say City Walk has more places to eat. It really is swings and roundabouts.
    Julie

Florida Expert
    Pleasure Island is the best for entertainment. They have many bars to choose from including Discos, Jazz. There is a small admission fee after a certain hour.
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

Florida Expert
    Pleasure Island every time. As mentioned above its compact, and I like the way they have Bar Carts out on the street, so you don't have to go into a bar as such, and can just enjoy the video boards, or the live music when they are playing.

Of course, 8Trax is the best bar (70's).... that must be because of my age!!

Enjoy

Matt
    Matt

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/602.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Thank you all for your replies. PLEASURE ISLAND HERE WE COME!
    Anderson, Amirah & Andrea Amarante

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sorry to spoil things, but if the night you are going out is a Friday, then the LATIN QUARTER at the City Walk is really something. I have to confess that there is nothing on Pleasure Island to match it.
    Nostromo

Florida Chatterbox
    Amirah,

Can you let us know what you think when you get back - we have never been to Pleasure Island, but walking around Downtown Disney, the place always seems to have such a great atmosphere.

Have fun

Gillian
    Gillian

Florida Junior
    For meals - City Walk
    Nightclubs - Pleasure Island

Why not do both ??

Heapey, Lancashire & Clear Creek, Florida
    How much to get in?

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Pleasure island is now closed,

Citywalk is open, here are the costs

http://www.park-tickets.com/florida-...city-walk.aspx
    CERI