Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hobgrove's hit Orlando The finale

The Hobgrove's hit Orlando The finale

March 28th
    Our last full day and we were greeted with wall to wall sunshine and a steaming pool once again when we removed the cover! 'Derek the Duck' was showing a water temperature just short of 90....lovely
    Today we planned to visit Blizzaed Beach and Nat and James in particular were really looking forward to it. Not sure how Nic was going to fare but we could always dump her on a sunbed with her book[msnwink]
    The 'grown ups' had one outstanding job to do and that was to visit the bank. Helen and I had opened the account when we were there in Oct but as yet the men had no access to the money in the account....perhaps we should have left it that way[msnwink]
    As the bank was in Celebration we decided to visit the market st cafe for breakfast. I was still not 100 per cent but reckoned I could manage one of their lovely apple pancakes[msntongue]
    We had, had a leisurely get up and did not arrive particularly early so had to wait 20 mins for a table. This was not a hardship as we wandered over to the lake and relaxed in the rocking chairs, I really do love that place and it will always be on my list of places to visit when we are in Florida. The sun was beating down and it was shaping up for a hot one[msncool]
    Breakfast went down well although in the event I only managed about 2 thirds of my pancake, a sure sign that I was under the weather[msnsad]
    We left the kids to wander whilst we went to the bank. As always the people in the bank were lovely and friendly, I think they know me better than my UK bank manager...in fact I'm sure they do![msnoo]
    We weren't too long but the kids had visited a few shops and Kitty had found one of the shops that sold ' hello Kitty' merchandise and had bought a lovely purse.
    We all piled back in the vans and headed off for Blizzard Beach. On our approach we noticed a sign at the side of the road saying 'Typhoon Lagoon Closed'...good job we were off to BB then!
    Horror of horrors the next sign said BB re opens 2pm....both parks were full[msnoo]. It was our own fault, we should have got out earlier, and I suppose as this was the first blisteringly hot day for a week most people had the same idea as us.
    We stopped in the car park for a quick team meeting and decided to head back to the villa and the pool. Nat and James toyed with going to AK but decided against it, but they were the most disappointed and headed to the bedroom for a quick sulk when we got back![msneek]
    I asked David to stop at Walgreens so we could pick up an airbed, lilo, whatever you want to call it. I asked the woman in the shop for an airbed and she directed me towards inflatable guest beds[msneek] I should have asked for a pool float
    Back to the pool where we lazed around,read our books and generally realaxed, probably for the first time all holiday. The pool float was great and 'Derek the Duck' was noe showing 92!!
    At about 2.30 I volunteered to get lunch and James, Nat and myself went to Subway and to Mac D's . I wasn't feeling hungry and was still a bit off colour so went for a lie down when we got back[zzz]. Several of the others opted for a siesta as well which combined with the late lunch was fatal.[msnoo]
    We had planned to go out early to DTD and get our names down for a table at The Rainforest Cafe. In the event it was well after 7 pm when we left and the extra busy car park when we arrived should have told us that eating was going to be difficult.
    Nick went to hire a wheelchair for Nic and Stu headed for Rainforest, he was soon back with the bad news that the wait would be 2hours minimum and it was already 8.15[msnsad]
    We decide to return to the 192 where we could have one final sit down meal together, but first one or two of us had shops to visit so we allowed ourselves 30 mins to pick up the bits we needed. Nat in particular wanted some crystal figures as she collects the swarovski crystals, she came away with Pooh Bear and Mickey Mouse which made up for the disappointment of BB.
    We ended up eating at Bennigans on 192, more a choice of the k

Liz

Excellent Liz,
    I'm sure your next holiday will be much more relaxing; I know on our 1st visit after closing there seemed to be loads of odds and ends to take care of but the 2nd visit was pure holiday.
    Thanks for taking the time over such a great report,
    andrew
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1338.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    hi liz i have throughly enjoyed reading your trip reports and am sad they have come to an end for now [msnwink].
    karen

Florida Expert
    Thanks for all the great reports Liz. I have really enjoyed reading them!
    emm

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1582.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    A brilliant end report Liz, so sad that it is the last one though.[msnsad]
    Could you hurry up and book another holiday please, so we can all enjoy some more ace reporting.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

You can't be finished! Where will I get my fix so wonderfully written. I have loved these write ups and felt I was there with you all. Thank You.

Jan

Thanks for the reports Liz, I'v ereally enjoyed them.

Can I make a suggestion, if you haven't already done it, print them off and stick them in a s c r a p (gotta get past the censors[msnwink]) book with photos from your hols, then all the family can enjoy them too.
    Caroline & Dave

Great idea Caroline, never crossed my mind, but it will be difficult to remeber the detail in a few months time so I will do that, thanks for the tip.[clap]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
    Thanks for the reports Liz, I'v ereally enjoyed them.

Can I make a suggestion, if you haven't already done it, print them off and stick them in a s c r a p (gotta get past the censors[msnwink]) book with photos from your hols, then all the family can enjoy them too.
    [/quote]

Liz

Florida Expert
    Have enjoyed reading them, hope I do mine as well in July.
    Thanks Liz[msnsmile2]

Florida Expert
    Another great report Liz. Like others I'm sad it is come to an end