Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: deaths at sea world

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I suppose you could say its propaganda [/quote]

Propaganda? How could you possibly think such a thing?

After all the trouble Sea World have taken teaching Shamu the essential skills he will need to entertain fellow diners when he is released back into the wild with his fully rehabilitated polar bear friends and rescued whales.

Come to think of it, perhaps they should teach polar bears to ride bicycles like brown bears do in other circuses, then they could pedal back from Florida to the Frozen north.

[/quote]

Oh Robert you are so funny....!![laugh]
    Angela

Florida Expert
    Please - everyone CHILL OUT - this has been the most depressing thread I have read on the Forum. I love Sea World, I think they do a good job, others don't end of.
    Mary

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sundowner
    Please - everyone CHILL OUT - this has been the most depressing thread I have read on the Forum. I love Sea World, I think they do a good job, others don't end of.
    [/quote]

I agree.[msnwink]
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    I know - we keep meaning to go but never quite get round to it. We do have some issues with the animals and captivity but I guess we go to Animal Kingdom and love it so would be hippocrites (sp?) to not go to Sea World. Maybe when we are over at the end of May...

[/quote]

Well John,
    Did you go?

Paula
    Paula

Florida Expert
    We go to Sea World every trip and still enjoy it. Great atmosphere, and whilst there are undoubted issues about captivity, they do seem to put animal welfare as high as anywhere else we have been. I was told once that the beluga and walrus and polar bears were rotated to bigger areas elsewhere but don't know if that is true,
    Ian and Sarah
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/2015.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:When we went the polar bears were there because they had been rescued as were the manatees.[/quote]

I wonder what they rescued them from? Perhaps they were bored in the Artic circle. Probably the Beluga whales were as well?

However it really is most thoughtful of Sea World Angela. Rescuing the bears and transporting them all the way from the frozen north to sunny Florida, and then to build a cosy, specially refrigerated, pen for them to play in.

No doubt when they are fully recovered(from what?) they will transport them back North again and release them into the wild. Then their lovely holiday home in Florida will be empty.

Although perhaps the released bears will tell their friends who will also get themselves a nice holiday in Florida; with no extra to pay for a heated pool!!

[/quote]

I think they came all the way from Denver Zoo where they were born.....not been there myself.......I'm told its a bit nippy.....but far from the Frozen North.......

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ok I was wrong.......Denver is the frozen north.....it had 20 inches of snow today............