Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: deaths at sea world

Florida Expert

deaths at sea world

i watched jaws3D last night on sky, never seen it before, but it was made in 1983 and set at sea world orlando.
    they had a massive underwater walkway beneath the lagoon which the shark attacks and the shark gets in there thru a big pipe which pumps salt water in from the sea!!then has a chew of a few people
    other than that it was interesting to see how things have changed.

i went there in 1988 and about 96, we've been back a few times since and the place obviusly changes but you can never quite put your finger on the differences

the sky tower was there(working?) they had the ski water show on, a stadium which resembled the dolphin area and a similar pool in the open shark area.the current walkway across the top of the lagoon from near shamu stadium wasnt there either.

i am not sure when sea world appeared in florida,(blotie?) but i wonder whether they used this as an advert to promote the park or whether it put people off??

after all whilst i have never been to 'amity' island, if i was nearby i would visit for obviuos reasons(chrizzy?)
    Trev

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I went to Sea World as a teenager with my parents in the late 70's / early 80's - it may even have been on our first trip in 1978. I remember a big lake with a stadium and a water ski show, I think the tower was there, a jaws model by the west side of the lake, a Shamu show and lots of small tanks with flat fish in where you could put your hard in and feel their skin.

I have to admit I remember thinking it was terribly dull and have never been back again (including all the times I've been to Florida more recently).

Florida Expert
    john , i'm suprised at you!! we just love the place. it has a little something for all now. from the thrill rides to the serene animals/mammals ,bit of humour at the dolphin show, to shamu(splashes)rocks america, the odd firework and of course the free budwieser! courtesy of todays sponsor, sir - anhauser busch[msnwink]
    Trev

I really like sea world. Some good rides and some good shows

DOM
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

I know - we keep meaning to go but never quite get round to it. We do have some issues with the animals and captivity but I guess we go to Animal Kingdom and love it so would be hippocrites (sp?) to not go to Sea World. Maybe when we are over at the end of May...

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
    john , i'm suprised at you!! we just love the place. it has a little something for all now. from the thrill rides to the serene animals/mammals ,bit of humour at the dolphin show, to shamu(splashes)rocks america, the odd firework and of course the free budwieser! courtesy of todays sponsor, sir - anhauser busch[msnwink]
    [/quote]

we love seaworld, and surely if the whales (for instance) were not happy with the things they do,? surely they wouldnt do it! how could you make it perform????????????
    surely it would be so unhappy and not eat etc etc?????????
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    liesa, if i was a whale, was? , i couldnt 'not eat'!! but i know what you mean.
    the thread was a 'lite' hearted one but it does throw up that anti captivity against never seen the animal - dont know/care about the animal conversation.
    personally thru my contact with these animals, i can identify with them and wouldnt do anything deliberate to harm them - not talking about general deoderant/bleach/green house things
    Trev

Florida Expert
    nuff said - it was another florifix!![msnwink]
    Trev

Absolutely - I'd love to find copies of the park maps for my trip back in 1978.

At Disney, the Magic Kingdom was the only park and when I went on the Keys To The Kingdom Tour last year there was a map of the park from that era on a wall in a corridor of the offices behind Main Street USA. Brought back many happy memories [msnsmile]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
    nuff said - it was another florifix!![msnwink]
    [/quote]

Florida Expert
    Sea world is really cool