Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New ride at Wet and Wild????

New ride at Wet and Wild????

Does anyone know what the new ride is at Wet and Wild? When I was there last week I saw some new piping being fitted?

Just curious that's all

Michele

Gold 5 Star Member
    From their website:

Grab your platform shoes, bellbottoms, favorite 8-track and prepare for a trip to the funky 1970's! Wet ‘n Wild - Orlando broke ground on a multi-million dollar attraction showcasing the 1970's disco nightlife. The one-of-a-kind attraction, aptly titled Disco H2O(TM), is stated to open this spring.

ProSlide Technology, a fiberglass slide developer, began construction late last month on the nearly 70-foot high attraction. ProSlide has installed this attraction at one other location in Roseville, California but Wet ‘n Wild will greatly enhance the concept to make an attraction like no other in the water park industry. Expect a faster, longer, darker, seventies theme thrill ride adventure.

The retro raft adventure is an excellent addition to the already established collection of world-class rides and signature slides located at Wet ‘n Wild - Orlando. Guests can also drift under rope bridges and past breathtaking waterfalls on the all-new Lazy River or get soaked down a ruptured pipeline on the newest thrill ride, The Blast.
    blott

Florida Expert
    thats sealed it. we visit in june. and supper at kentucky across the road. chicken mash potato gravy mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm[msntongue]
    Trev

This huge 70 foot tall family raft sized version of a Proslide Bowl slide is completely enclosed from top to bottom and will have a 1970’s Disco theme with lighting and music on the way down. The new slide was attached to the existing tower with the large sphere on top that currently holds the park’s other family raft slide, The Surge.

The riders will ride down a chute in a 4 person raft that empties into a huge enclosed bowl filled with coloured flashing lights and disco music.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Florida Newbie
    Does anyone know if there has to be 4 persons in the raft? There will be 10 of us and we are thinking of splitting into groups of 4/3/3, or will they add single riders to make it up to 4 persons in each raft?

Plus any more information about new rides since 2002 at Wet 'n' Wild will be gratefully received. I have looked at the website and there seems to be 2 new rides and the lazy river has been updated also. Is this any better?

Regards,

Carolyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    No they allowed two us last week and i saw 3 and 4 people come down in the rafts
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Squeak
    Does anyone know if there has to be 4 persons in the raft? There will be 10 of us and we are thinking of splitting into groups of 4/3/3, or will they add single riders to make it up to 4 persons in each raft?

Plus any more information about new rides since 2002 at Wet 'n' Wild will be gratefully received. I have looked at the website and there seems to be 2 new rides and the lazy river has been updated also. Is this any better?

Regards,

Carolyn
    [/quote]
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Thanks very much Neil and Cathy!

Carolyn

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I went on it in June 2005, there was just me and my 8 year old. Sometimes when the queues are very long i wish they would fill it up if possible to make the wait shorter.
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    We were at Wet n Wild yesterday and almost had the full park to ourselves. There was no queues what so ever in fact i would say that there was only about 100 people in the whole park. Yes it was November but it was a Saturday sunny and in the mid 70s
    We did the Disco ride for the first time and really enjoyed. My 4 year was allowed on most of the rides even though she was wearing a buoyancy vest which suprised me.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Just done Wet N Wild today, hardly any queues at all, must have been 150 people tops.

The Disco H2O ride was excellent as were the majority we went on.

Great time of year to go if you don't like queues but the weather isn't in the 90s like in August time though although it must have been mid seventies so can't complain for Dec 22nd