Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Larger passengers

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO

30 25.42%
  • YES

58 49.15%
  • POSSIBLY, DEPENDING ON WEIGHT

30 25.42%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Larger passengers

ok boss, have apologised and deleted the naughty bits [msnwink] sorry
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    If airlines did the decent thing and made seats more comfortable for everyone - there would be no need to ask this question [msnwink]
    Doesn't matter what your size and shape those seats are bl**dy uncomfortable on a 9 hours plus flight [msnmad]
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chunkichik
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chunkichik

This sort of poll doesnt do anything to help my confidence either, so thanks!![gun]
    [/quote]

So you want to shoot me
    [/quote]

yep, i got the firing squad ready lol[msntongue]

[/quote]

Please don't shoot CDV - we'd miss her [msnwink] [msnwink]
    Julie

Florida Expert
    Big or small the airlines should do more to make it's paying passengers more comfortable, and not just for business and first class passengers. A basic level of comfort should be everyones right not just those with money.[gun]....[angel]

Mind you if they charged by the kilo it might encourage some of us who are trying to lose a bit of weight.[msnsmile2]

Jeff
    Jeff & Dallas Myers
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/256.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
    If airlines did the decent thing and made seats more comfortable for everyone - there would be no need to ask this question [msnwink]
    Doesn't matter what your size and shape those seats are bl**dy uncomfortable on a 9 hours plus flight [msnmad]
    [/quote]

That is a very good slant on the issue JulieAnne[clap] and very true.
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    [/quote]

Please don't shoot CDV - we'd miss her [msnwink] [msnwink]

[/quote]

[:I] Ah shucks.
    CDV

Florida Chatterbox
    Don't think they should charge you by weight at all. I have been on a long flight before where the person next to me fitted into the seat but the rest of her squished over and above the armrest into mine. As you say the seats aren't exactly huge and it was exceptionally uncomfortable for me and I can't imagine what it felt like for her.

In that sort of case I had paid for a full seat and was getting about 2/3 of one. I think if you comfortably fit into a seat without spilling over you should get one seat - if you spill over into a seat someone else has paid for then you should have to pay for 2 seats. After all that is how many you are sitting on.

Airplane seats are very small though and I don't think anyone is very comfortable at all no matter their size. I am quite tall and find sitting in the small space very uncomfortable.

This is very emotive but I did vote Yes.

This is also nothing new - Pavaroti had to buy two seats whenever he flew on Concorde! And during my career I know of many passengers that have had the same problems.

I can see it for many different reasons, first there is a comfort issue for the passenger and the passengers around the larger person, then there is a safety issue, evacuating an aircraft is not easy but it is made much harder if a passenger cannot fit through an exit (sometimes the only exit left to get out of is smaller than the normal doors that you enter and exit by. I have seen many passengers suffer on a long flight because the passenger next to them speads over into their space etc.

So although I am not being PC I do think that very large passengers that cannot comfortably fit into the seat should either upgrade to a bigger seat or buy two seats, harsh but true.[msnscared]

i honestly believe that as a fatty but trying hard not to be, if i spilt over into the other persons seat then i should pay for what i am using " 2 seats!" oh crikey better try a bit harder on my diet![msnwink]
    Liesa

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    i honestly believe that as a fatty but trying hard not to be, if i spilt over into the other persons seat then i should pay for what i am using " 2 seats!" oh crikey better try a bit harder on my diet![msnwink]
    [/quote]

Liesa you will be fine just keep on with the OV slimming club!

Just to make it more equal when I had my number two baby and went on mat leave I was told that if I did not lose my weight and fit back into my uniform I could not return to work!!![msnwink]