Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Car Rental Collection Delays

Florida Chatterbox
    When we arrived on the 29th March there was a massive queue at both Dollar and alamo, but the Budget desk was completely empty with about six memebers of staff waiting for a customer. we were all laughing in the queue that next year we will book with Budget. still, if eveyone does that we will all be in the budget queue looking at the empty Dollar desk.
    [msnscared]

The main thing is that they had plenty of staff on, all desks manned, and were really friendly and helpful when we got to the front. I guess it is literally like waiting for buses for them, they don't see anyone for hours and then we all arrive at once.[msnwink]

We have never ever had to wait for a car no matter where in the world we have travelled - must be lucky. Let's hope it doesn't run out in May

Di
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I had a 40 minute wait at the MCO Alamo desk this time and there were only 5 in front of us. By the time I got to the desk there were over 20 in the queue behind; so I dread to think how long they had to wait.

On a brighter note, our plane left UK late and arrived at Miami an hour late. As we then had less than an hour to make our connection to MCO I was resigned to having to catch a later flight. We were first off the plane and arrived in the immigration hall to find it completely empty with 10 immigration officers to choose from. We made our connection with ease.

Florida Junior
    Robert5988
    We were there at the same time, I could have waived to your son from the Dollar queue! we were waiting two and a half hours in that line with only 2 staff on duty??? two and a half hours waiting in the confines of those barriers was very sole destroying, is it worth complaining?

Florida Junior
    P.S.
    We got a Dodge Durango, WOW !!!! What a <s>car</s> <s>suv</s> <s>tank</s> FLYING MACHINE it was excellent and a real pleasure to drive (wish i could afford one over here)
    kev

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have found especially at the Alamo Desk,that they try and sell you more insurance which delays everything. I always have the gold package and they even then try and sell me extra cover every time. If you say no then they stop there however if you ask further questions about the extra insurance then they go into selling mode. They also do this with upgrades.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

We have always used Dollar, their staff seem to be rather laid back and in no rush no matter how long the queue, It does get very frustrating sometimes especially when you have young children as their patience is no where near an adults tollerance levels.

But once you are driving out of Orlando then at least you don't have to worry until you return the car. Then the grilling and the inspection comes.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I've never had a problem returning a car. They check the mileage, scan this into their hand held computer and print you off a receipt - could not be easier

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by becbecs
    until you return the car. Then the grilling and the inspection comes.
    [/quote]

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Just a note to anyone reading this - Dodge Durango's cannot be pre-booked by any car hire agent. They can be requested, but they cannot be guaranteed as they are not part of the fleet available for pre-order.

The best you can do is order a car in the 4x4 class (which is almost always a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with Dollar) and then ask the agent very nicely if they have any Durango's on arrival. Some people get lucky, a lot do not.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bmwtouring

We got a Dodge Durango, WOW !!!! [/quote]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    I've never had a problem returning a car. They check the mileage, scan this into their hand held computer and print you off a receipt - could not be easier

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by becbecs
    until you return the car. Then the grilling and the inspection comes.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

I must be just me[msncry][msncry]