Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Clan is home

Florida Junior

The Clan is home

Hi as requested heres my report of our first trip to florida,thanks to all the advice we received the flight out was pretty good,the two girls (10 and 7)were happy watching telly and playing game boy,and the two babies were pretty good all the way,thanks to virgin who gave us another seat free and another baby seat free,mind you there was only about 160 people on the plane so we had a whole section to ourselves(the section next to premium economy).,so babies could run around.
    Landing was a bit of a nightmare,one of the babies was so tired she screamed from landing till we put her to bed 2 hours later!!!!,anyway security was very tight but didnt take as long as i had expected to get through,so then we collected the car and drove to crescent lakes,as always you guys were right,i was tired,grumpy,hungry etc so not really the best conditions to go looking for a villa,we found 'Harmony' after a while and crashed!!.
    When i woke and had a proper look around i realised how fortunate i was to have found this site and booked through it,the place was perfect,everything you could want and much better than a stuffy hotel.
    The first day we just relaxed,got a bit of shopping in and basically settled ourselves in.
    Day 2 was spent buying sneakers,t-shirts etc as we didnt over pack knowing from your advise once again that things would be much cheaper state side(you were so right)so that we would be ready for miles of walking in the parks.
    Day 3 we went to magic kingdom,excellent day we definately picked the right time of year nice and hot but we didnt queue for anything and the kids got autographs from all of their favourite characters.
    Then the day we had been waiting for,we drove to kissimee got a marriage licence and got married,it was a small affair just us and the kids but very romantic and something that will always be extra special to me,especially as Caroline our 10 year old filmed the service,while Sally and the babies gave us moral support,bless them all.
    Anyway as some of you will know things went down hill from there (GENERAL CHAT-MEDICAL INSURANCE),so for the next 4 days we sat in the villa while the three girls recovered from what we had thoght was D+V but now believe to be food poisoning,but as someone here said at least we were in the comfort of our own villa instead of being stuck in some stuffy hotel room.
    When everyone had recovered(Sally still had to run to the loo on most of our trips out poor girl)we did Sea world and had lunch with the sharks,amazing experience if you havent done it DO IT!!its reasonably priced and just well awesome.
    And finally we went to Epcot probably my favourite park just so much to see and do and i admit we were very sad and had lunch at the Rose and crown.[:I]
    We obviously didnt get to do half the things we had wanted to do due to lack of time and money(medical insurance)but we bounced back as we always do to have a magical and very special holiday,and hopefully Caroline and sally will remember this trip over the years as a magical time,and god knows with the problems they have had they deserve it,so thanks again to all of you that have given me support and advice i will keep in touch,and now that im hooked will be going back again (when the credit card has recovered from its battering),oh and just to let you know one day it got to 90 degrees pheeewwww.
    Sean and Happy Clan
    PS dont like this jetlag stuff ive been back since monday and im still not right

Gold 5 Star Member
    Oh Sean, I had no idea you were getting married on your trip, so many congratulations! [8D]

Also pleased to hear that you're all feeling better now and more importantly, it didn't spoil your holiday too much and you managed to enjoy yourselves.

A bit more advice... next time you go, get yourself some Melatonin from Wal-Mart to beat that jetlag!
    blott

Florida Expert
    I am very glad you had a nice trip. Im am very sorry the girls got sick but as you said the villa was a big help. Hopefully you shall return in the near future.
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

Florida Expert
    Congratulations on your weddingnice to hear you all made the most of your holiday even with your illness [xx(]
    next time will be even better
    ann

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sean
    You kept quiet about the wedding, Many, many congratulations to you both .I'm so glad at least you were fit and well for that and will always have that memory.

I'm glad you managed to get a bit of sightseeing and shopping in amongst the trips and hopefully your medical insurance won't take too long to pay up, so at least you can start planning the next trip.

I hope all goes well with your daughters heart op in June and please keep in touch (you're almost one of the family now you realise!)
    Babblin Boo

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Sean,
    You dark horse,you,(or should that read black Sheep) Congratulations on your marriage. Here's wishing you a wonderfully happy life together...from the sounds of things you will, you all sound such a positive bunch.

Sorry to hear about the illness but as already said much better to be in the villa than a hotel room. I know this from bitter experience, very bitter[xx(].

Anyway, don't be put off be sure to return and keep in touch with the Forums. Babblin Boo is right, OV is like a big extended family and therefore on behalf of all our members once again...

CONGRATULATIONS.

Sarah

Florida Junior
    Thankyou[:I],im sure we will be very happy as man and boss..i mean wife,we will definately be going back,jackie wants to go now(so do i)but it will probably be a couple of years,it was just such hard work with the babies,enjoyable but hard,so we want to wait till they are a little bigger and are easier to feed etc,then look out orlando the clan will be back,so as i said we will keep in touch,and once again thanks for all your help and support it made our trip much easier knowing most of our questions had been answered before we left,and finally to any newbies looking to rent a villa like us,dont be nervous you WILL NOT regret doing it it is so much better than going to a hotel and the help and support you will get from these owners is "awesome"
    see you soon
    Sean,Jackie,Caroline,Sally,Georgina and Elouise

Florida Newbie
    Hi Sean,

I was very sorry to read about your troubles over there . We really felt for you all. On the upside, Congrats on the Florida Wedding to you and the good lady wife. I'm glad you got to see at least a few things - here's hoping nothing interrupts next time.

Kind Regards to you and the family.

Brian.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Wow! What lovely recommendatuions you have given us Sean. This must put us in good stead with potential guests-Unless everyone wants to stay at 'Harmony'-only kidding!

We all know that the best and most often booked villas need to keep the highest standards and we all strive to keep them that way.

Our daughter got married in Florida last year-so I know the lovely day you will have had-apart from your babies-I bet it was pretty stress free compared to all the palaver of a UK wedding. Best wishes to you and your good lady wife.

And we look forward to welcoming you again to the site and to one of our villas and hopefully on your next Florida vacation everyone will saty well. Thankfully you were in a villa-it would have been horrendous in a hotel.
    Orlandobabe

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just being really nosey now Sean, did you tell your friends and family of your plans or did you surprise them when you got back?
    Babblin Boo