Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Club

Book Club

I can't see that this idea has been suggested before, but I think a Book Club could be popular, in a similar way to Richard's & Judy's Book Club. There is always a great book you have read or has been recommended to you. I'm reading Dan Brown's 'The Da Vinci Code' at the moment. It is a very controversial subject but just'unputdownable'. I only manage to read @ bedtime, and this last week my lights been going off later and later.
    The club could be separated into different catergories - Fact & Fiction. What do you think?

Debra
    Debra

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Oh let me tell you the ending I could not put in down either and subscribe to the theory!
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ray is reading 'The Da Vinci Code' too Debra and he agrees that is is 'unputdownable'.[msnsmile]
    Sarah

CDV

Don't you dare [msnoo]

My friend said to me the other day 'when you finished the book did you ....??' because Kev (her husband) did and she realised I hadn't finished it and stopped mid sentence.

I also like any of John Grisham's - hopefully his latest will be in paperback when I'm over next week.
    Debra

Florida Expert
    I read The Da Vinci Code a while ago, and it was the best thing I had read for ages!! I really enjoyed it.

I think the idea of a Book Club is a great one.
    emm

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1582.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Deb
    CDV

Don't you dare [msnoo]

My friend said to me the other day 'when you finished the book did you ....??' because Kev (her husband) did and she realised I hadn't finished it and stopped mid sentence.

I also like any of John Grisham's - hopefully his latest will be in paperback when I'm over next week.

[/quote]

I like Jeffrey Deaver, James Patterson, Jack Higgins, Patricia Cornwell and the likes. Mr CDV likes things like Ben Elton, Stephen King etc. I like a good who dunnit. When I was 15/16 I used to read Jackie Collins and the Harold Robins, think it was all part of growing up

So OV would have its own answer to Norris and Emily's bookclub then[msneek]
    CDV

There is a another book, it's at home and I can't remember its name or author at the minute but it is the answers to the theories in the Da Vinci Code. Won't discuss it yet til you have finished the book.

I enjoyed the book more so as I had a real intrest in the cryptography as I worked as a Cryptographer for 10 years and only changed direction recently.

P.S. I had sussed out the baddie well before the end, it's all there.........[?]
    CDV

I've read the Da Vinci Code too, and agree it was fantastic, just wanted to read page after page! I've also read Deception Point by Dan Brown which is similarly "unputdownable", I've got the other 2 "Angels and Demons" and "Digital Fortress" which I'm trying to save for my flight to FL in May (but may not be able to resist). Jeffrey Deaver and James Patterson fan as well - Michael Connelley, John Connelley, Ian Rankin and Martina Cole are also very good reads.
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx

I like to vary my reading. If its been a John Grisham I'll pick Marian Keyes next, and I always choose a new book in the airport to suit where I'm going. Thats getting difficult now -there's not many set in Florida, but I do like Nora Roberts.
    I'm fed up reading about perfect,successful,beautiful,size 8 female, meet & marry billionaire type books. Like you CDV I read all those and the Jackie Collins book years ago. Wishful thinking maybe?
    Your job sounds fascinating, was it?
    Debra

Another of my favourites is 'Pillars of the Earth' by Ken Follett - a massive book spanning about 300 years of the building of a cathedral, but with a murder mystery running through it. Its nearly a history book in itself.
    Debra