Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Club

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jo carroll
    I have just finished reading a fantastic book called "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell". It's set in England in the 1800's and is about magic returning to England. It was very long which is just how I like a really good book to be. Sometimes a good book can be over just too quickly and you have to come back to the real world far too soon.

I've now started "the Time Travellers Wife" but am struggling to get into it. Is it worth persevering anyone?

Jo.
    [/quote]

Jo, It's taking me longer to read than most books as I am having to really concentrate, but I will persevere and I am enjoying it...will need some serious fluffy girly novel afterwards though!

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by emm
    I am now reading the first book about the Famous Five by Enid Blyton! I thought I'd like to remind myself why I enjoyed them so much!! [msnwink]
    [/quote][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]Hairy legs!!!!
    [/quote]

Hear hear Liz![msnwink]
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by emm
    I have given the lashings of ginger beer a miss (actually I never did like it) but I have got some tins of fruit and ripe plums beside me as I read!!

Chrizzy, the first book is called Five on a Treasure Island. It involves a shipwreck, a castle and some gold ingots. Is that the one you are talking about do you think?
    [/quote]

I think so.....I'll go look it up online and see......[msnsmile2]

I just did.....and yes it is.....I may just have to go out and buy it now.......

Florida Chatterbox
    My Favorite Terry Pratchett book has to be Mort because this was the first one I read but also it has my favorite charcter Death in it,But I also enjoy the Witches one's and the Guards book's .

But I do agree Lord of the Rings is also my favorite of all time which I have read so many time I have to keep buying new copies as they seem wear out. But you must not discount the Hobbit which I read for the first at school which is also very good.[clap]
    Gary & Sam

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1455.aspx

I like Lord of the Rings too and have read it twice - will probably read it again but not for a good while, so much other stuff to read and I don't have as much time these days what with kids, work, a villa etc. If you like Lord of the Rings you may well like the 'His Dark Materials' trilogy by Phillip Pullman. I read them last summer and they really were unputdownable for me, my hubby got quite cross because we went on holiday and all I wanted to do was read.

I will keep going with The Time Travellers Wife but agree the need for a nice fluffy book afterwards.

Jo.
    Jo
    www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/27.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Thorogoods
    My Favorite Terry Pratchett book has to be Mort because this was the first one I read but also it has my favorite charcter Death in it,But I also enjoy the Witches one's and the Guards book's .

But I do agree Lord of the Rings is also my favorite of all time which I have read so many time I have to keep buying new copies as they seem wear out. But you must not discount the Hobbit which I read for the first at school which is also very good.[clap]
    [/quote]

The Last Continent is my all time fav Disc World book......

"Will you stop talking about jam and be sensible for a moment!"

Rincewind lowered the sandwich. "Good grief, I hope not," he said. "I'm sitting in a cave in a country where everything bites you and it never rains and I'm talking, no offence, to a herbivore that smells of a carpet in a house where there are a lot of excitable puppies, and I've suddenly got this talent for finding jam sandwiches and inexplicable fairy cakes in unexpected places, and I've been shown something very odd in a picture on some old cave wall, and suddenly said kangaroo tells me time and space are all wrong and wants me to be sensible? What, when you get right down to it, is in it for me?"

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Oh Elaine I love Gingerbeer and have found a really fiery one from Jamaca in Walmart, I was gong to bring some round with my copy of Enid
    CDV

I have recently read "Snobs" by Julian Fellowes. All about the 'upper classes' and all their rules about mixing with the 'peasants'!! The story follows a young woman with ambitions to marry for money and she does so, but is not accepted by her in-laws family. A very entertaining, light hearted look at the aristocracy and what snobs they all are!! I don't think they would even visit Florida - it was all country pursuits for them.

I'm now onto a James Patterson murder mystery set in San Francisco. I've read several of his books and one or two have been made into films - Morgan Freeman was excellent in Along came a Spider.

I think my next one will be a chick lit novel, just something nice and easy.
    Debra

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    Oh Elaine I love Gingerbeer and have found a really fiery one from Jamaca in Walmart, I was gong to bring some round with my copy of Enid
    [/quote]

I have the Gingerbeer too - find it is a great ingredient in some of the interesting cocktails I have been practising lately[beer]

Have just finally managed to finish the entire set of Enid Blytons "Barney" stories. ( I was reading them to my youngest son at bedtime - honest) We have now gone on to The Mr Men so may have to find something a bit more challenging to counter act this [laugh]
    Jan and Lee

Finished Catherine Alliott "The Wedding Day" last night so have now moved on to "Goodbye Ruby Tuesday" by Donna Hay, real page turning stuff!![msnwink]
    Well I'm whacked out when I've finished on the forum, thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Liz