Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Club

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    makes me look so dull!! i just like maureen lees and katie flynn and joan jonkers i love a good old story set around the 1900 to 1950 my favourites are set in and around liverpool!! nothing gets done in my house once i pick up a book!!
    does anyone else read books like me[msnembarrased]
    [/quote]

I enjoy these type of books too Leisa, just reading a Lyn Andrews one at the moment. Gritty northern stories.[msnsmile]
    Sarah

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jo carroll

I've now started "the Time Travellers Wife" but am struggling to get into it. Is it worth persevering anyone?

Jo.
    [/quote]

Yes. I really enjoyed it, although you do have to keep paying attention, or you could lose the thread with all the jumping about in time. I found I was quite a few chapters into the book before I really began to get the hang of what was going on.
    emm

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1582.aspx

Florida Expert
    I am now reading the first book about the Famous Five by Enid Blyton! I thought I'd like to remind myself why I enjoyed them so much!! [msnwink]
    emm

My favorite book of all time is The Lord of the Rings. Lost count how many times I have read it - first time I was 12!
    I also LOVE Terry Pratchett as they just make me laugh out loud. My favorite charaters are Death ,The Witches and The Guards.
    I read the Time Travellers Wife a couple of weeks ago and have to say I got a bit fed up with it half way through but I did finish it. I can't see me reading it again so will take it to the villa and leave it for the guests[msnwink]
    Another Set of books I have begun reading are the Number 1 Ladies Detetive Agency books. A nice Light read on the plane and again can be left at the villa - got to build up that library some how [msnsmile2]
    Oh - and I also like the Edith Padgett books about Brother Cadfeal. I have a complete set and like to read them again and again, even tho I know Who did it now [msnsmile2]
    Jan and Lee

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by emm
    I am now reading the first book about the Famous Five by Enid Blyton! I thought I'd like to remind myself why I enjoyed them so much!! [msnwink]
    [/quote]

And don't Forget the SS Emm[msnwink]
    Jan and Lee

[/quote][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]Hairy legs!!!!

Liz

I like easy to read, no concentration books.
    I am probably on closest wavelength to Fiona as we like a lot of the same stuff.
    I suppose what I'm trying to say is I like "chick lit"[msnembarrased]
    Nothing too challenging[msneek]
    Is Lyn Andrews the author who is supposed to be the Northern answer to Martina Cole? ( I love MC books)

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    [/quote]

I read the one about the castle and the smugglers time and time again when I was young....I can't remember the name of it now......

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    [/quote]

I like lashings of ginger beer when I read those books.
    CDV

Florida Expert
    I have given the lashings of ginger beer a miss (actually I never did like it) but I have got some tins of fruit and ripe plums beside me as I read!!

Chrizzy, the first book is called Five on a Treasure Island. It involves a shipwreck, a castle and some gold ingots. Is that the one you are talking about do you think?
    emm