Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Club

I have read The innocent, I think Harlan Coben is great, as always watch for the twist in the tail.
    I read the other woman when we went to California in the summer, it is a great holiday read.
    Jan, I did exactly the same with a Jane Green book. "Spellbound" is published as "To have and to Hold" in the US. Guess who bought them both[msnsad]
    I have just finished "Other Women" by Kirsty Crawford it was her first novel and I will be looking out for more stuff by her as I really enjoyed it. Her style of writing is similar to that of Erica James. <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kazzie
    Has anybody read The Innocent by Harlan Coben? I am reading it at the moment and finding it really good, although I dont get much chance to read these days and have been reading it since July! When I do eventually finish it I have The Other Woman by Jane Green lined up.

Karen
    [/quote]

Liz

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kazzie
    Has anybody read The Innocent by Harlan Coben? I am reading it at the moment and finding it really good, although I dont get much chance to read these days and have been reading it since July! When I do eventually finish it I have The Other Woman by Jane Green lined up.

Karen
    [/quote]

I've just started reading The Other Woman. I think it's going to be an easy read, but you don't always want something taxing do you?
    emm

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1582.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    The Jasper Fforde books are very difficult to describe! Thursday Next is a 'litery detective' in an 'alternative' 1985. She has the ability to read herself into books - for example in the first novel she ends up in Jane Eyre (Hence the title The Eyre Affair) and helps Mr Rochester achieve a 'happy' ending. In other books she meets Miss Havisham from Great Expectations, Heathcliffe from Wuthering Heights and Hamlet.

Her 1985 is very different from ours: We are still involved in the Crimean War, Russia still has a Tsar and instead of planes everybody still uses airships.

The books are very surreal and you really just have to 'go with the flow' and enjoy them for what they are. Very strange but very funny -I think it was the Independent newspapers that called them 'silly books for smart people'.

If you give them a go I'm sure you'll be hooked as well!

Yes I totally agree Emm, sometimes it is just nice to read something really easy. I might even get to finish The Other Woman in a week instead of 3 months![:O]

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by emm
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kazzie

Karen
    [/quote]

I've just started reading The Other Woman. I think it's going to be an easy read, but you don't always want something taxing do you?
    [/quote]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Expert
    Tracy, these Jasper Fforde books sound interesting. I'll have to keep a look out for them.
    emm

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1582.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fiona
    Don't have Sky Liesa because I am such a cheapskate I won't pay a fortune so the gals can watch even more rubbish and I have more rows about homework! I may relent once YD has finished her A Levels but it goes against the grain for ax ex-BBC girl to pay any money to Murdoch's mob.

Have just got Always & Forever by Cathy Kelly, about my level at the mo for late night reading, can manage something with a bit more concentrating while on hols, although do still have the latest Joanne Trollope to finish!
    [/quote]

Just read two Cathy Kelly books on the trot, nice easy read not too taxing, needed something a little lighter after THe Time Travellers Wife.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

I didnt quite manage The Time Travellers Wife, wasnt in the right frame of mind so will try again after The Other Woman. I would probably read a lot faster if I could travel back in time to before being a villa owner! No time for much these days[|)]

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fiona
    Don't have Sky Liesa because I am such a cheapskate I won't pay a fortune so the gals can watch even more rubbish and I have more rows about homework! I may relent once YD has finished her A Levels but it goes against the grain for ax ex-BBC girl to pay any money to Murdoch's mob.

Have just got Always & Forever by Cathy Kelly, about my level at the mo for late night reading, can manage something with a bit more concentrating while on hols, although do still have the latest Joanne Trollope to finish!
    [/quote]

Just read two Cathy Kelly books on the trot, nice easy read not too taxing, needed something a little lighter after THe Time Travellers Wife.[msnsmile2]
    [/quote]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Have only just found this thread and as I am looking around for new authors to try it has given me some ideas. I like autobiographies or biogrphies, have just finished reading Sheila Hancock's book about life with John Thaw, very good. Has anyone tried the Patrick O'Brian books. Brian thinks they are marvellous he went out and got the whole series and read the lot - 17 in all - it took him about 4 years but as he only normally reads on holiday that was quite an achievement for him as the books took precedent over sailing magazines.

Jill
    Jill and Brian

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    What is everyone reading two years on?
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just got another two Bill Bryson's off ebay and also the Gordon Ramsay autobiography !! different I know !
    Jean