Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Club

Slight change of tone here but I have just made a real lemon of myself over my reading on the plane.

Went over to Florida a couple of weeks ago and bought myself Bill Bryson "notes from a Big Country" to read. Great Read and would recommed it to anyone. I enjoyed it so much that I thought I would by another for the return trip and purchased "I am a Stranger Here Myself" from a bookshop in th Oveida Market Place. Got to the airport and settled down to start reading only to find it was the same book I had already read under a different title!![msncry]

I so hate that - why publish the same book under two different titles for the UK and the US!
    I did feel a right twit I can tell you [msnsad]
    Jan and Lee

Florida Chatterbox
    Has anybody read any of the Jasper Fforde books about Thursday Next? Have to say a friend gave me the first of these a few weeks ago and I'm now hooked and have raced through the next 3 in double quick time!

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Daglish
    Has anybody read any of the Jasper Fforde books about Thursday Next? Have to say a friend gave me the first of these a few weeks ago and I'm now hooked and have raced through the next 3 in double quick time!
    [/quote]

I haven't heard of them. What sort of books are they?
    emm

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1582.aspx

Jan I just love the Bill Bryson books, have them all apart from the last one about science, brain has not been up to reading that level yet! I have just bought Ewan MacGregor & Charley Boormans book on their motorcycle journey, and am keeping it for our hols!

Anyone seen the new Pride & Prejudice film? Took the gals to see it last weekend, very good - after the reviews was expecting to be disappointed, but we all enjoyed it.
    Fiona

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fiona
    Jan I just love the Bill Bryson books, have them all apart from the last one about science, brain has not been up to reading that level yet! I have just bought Ewan MacGregor & Charley Boormans book on their motorcycle journey, and am keeping it for our hols!

Anyone seen the new Pride & Prejudice film? Took the gals to see it last weekend, very good - after the reviews was expecting to be disappointed, but we all enjoyed it.
    [/quote]
    did you see it on sky Fiona, am sure it was Ewan Mcgreagors journey, it was really good!! bet the book is just as good, you'll have to let us know!
    Liesa

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fiona

[/quote]

I have that one Fiona - started reading it but found it a bit heavy going. May have to try it again at a later date.
    Jan and Lee

Don't have Sky Liesa because I am such a cheapskate I won't pay a fortune so the gals can watch even more rubbish and I have more rows about homework! I may relent once YD has finished her A Levels but it goes against the grain for ax ex-BBC girl to pay any money to Murdoch's mob.

Have just got Always & Forever by Cathy Kelly, about my level at the mo for late night reading, can manage something with a bit more concentrating while on hols, although do still have the latest Joanne Trollope to finish!
    Fiona

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by stabard
    Slight change of tone here but I have just made a real lemon of myself over my reading on the plane.

Went over to Florida a couple of weeks ago and bought myself Bill Bryson "notes from a Big Country" to read. Great Read and would recommed it to anyone. I enjoyed it so much that I thought I would by another for the return trip and purchased "I am a Stranger Here Myself" from a bookshop in th Oveida Market Place. Got to the airport and settled down to start reading only to find it was the same book I had already read under a different title!![msncry]

I so hate that - why publish the same book under two different titles for the UK and the US!
    I did feel a right twit I can tell you [msnsad]
    [/quote]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]Oh Jan, hope you can laugh about it now!
    CDV

Yep - It does give me a laugh [laugh] and as I left the first copy in the florida house I can still reread it here in the UK now. So I suppose there is an upside to my lapse in concentration
    Jan and Lee

Has anybody read The Innocent by Harlan Coben? I am reading it at the moment and finding it really good, although I dont get much chance to read these days and have been reading it since July! When I do eventually finish it I have The Other Woman by Jane Green lined up.

Karen
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx