Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Club

I think a library in the villa is a great idea and plan to start one when we go at the end of May (for our first stay! ). I agree it's great to stay somwhere and browse the house selection!
    Jo
    www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/27.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    We started a library, mainly of books we will read. But between us we like a broad section of fiction that will appeal to everyone. [clap]

Thinking of re-reading Douglas Adams we were discussing the film in the office with some people who have never read the books, forgetten just how funny they were.[laugh][laugh][laugh]
    Gary & Sam

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1455.aspx

Just finishing "The Burning Blue" by James Holland. It's set in wartime and is about flying and the RAF[msneek]
    Didn't imagine for one minute I would enjoy it but it is excellent and I'm glad I was persuaded to read it![msnsmile]

Liz

Florida Chatterbox
    When I was younger I loved Jackie Collins books.....then as I got a bit older I thought I had grown out of her writing and haven't bought her books for years. Someone has just given me a copy of one of her more recent books.... Hollywood Wives....I can't put it down!!!!!! It's certainly a much lighter than The Time Travellers Wife, good though it was.[8)]

Florida Chatterbox
    Just found this thread and as a bookworm want to say thanks for all the suggestions.

Have to agree with Jo though that my favourite book list would have to include The Sunne in Splendour by Sharon Penman very near the top. In fact all her books would make my list.

Jo have you read 'There be Dragons' which is another of my favourites by her?

Tracy

Florida Expert
    Has anyone read 'Cloud Atlas' yet? What did you think? I've just got started with it.
    emm

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1582.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ana
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
    Jemima J is wonderful!!
    I'd love to do a Jemima and reinvent myself[msnwink]
    I've read all of Jane Greens books except her latest, which I'm waiting to come out in paperback. Spellbound is good as well, sort of Jemima J in reverse!![msneek]And a lovely New England setting as well.
    [/quote]
    That was the first Jane Green book I've read, but I did notice she has a lot more to work on.............more for my pile!!!
    [/quote]

The new Jane Green book, called The Other Woman, is now out. I bought it today. Only problem is, I want to read it on the plane but don't know if I can hold out for 5 weeks. If I get a new book I have to start it straight away then if its's good I wish I hadn't started it
    Karen

I bought it yesterday Karen. I have several others I am waiting to read so hopefully I will manage to save it 8 weeks until my next hols!!!!!

Liz

Penny Vincenzi Books are a good read, especially the ones all about the same family - mind is a sieve today, so cannot think of a single title, or the name of the family - runs around a publishing house and generations of family. Anyway, they are good for a read in the sun, and then for a mindless read, I like " Miss REad" books about a village - they are a comforting book from the past, I still re read Agatha Christies and the like, and often pick up a Sandra Brown book to read on a sun lounger. Have read everything of Steven Kings [ some twice] and think they are atmospheric, although I wasn't sure about Bag o' Bones.
    I have had the pleasure of re reading all Enid Blytons with my son, who loved the famous Five, Secret Seven, " THe Mystery of......" with PC Goon in, and the ones with Barney and the Monkey, like THe rub a dub mystery, and Ring o bells. Oh happy days
    And now I have found all the Harry Potters good - full of words - daft though that sounds
    All time favourite - I uusually say -To Kill a Mocking Bird - I really enjoyed that book.

Just finished "Tainted Lives" by Mandasue Heller. This is a great read for anyone who likes Martina Cole.

Liz