Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Club

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Deb
    I've seen in today's paper they are going to make a film of the Da Vinci Code starring Tom Hanks. I hope they capture the intrigue & mystery of the book - films are often disappointing.
    [/quote]

Deb

They might have filmed it already or be in the process of it as I read that last year. Tom Hanks is a brilliant actor so hopefully he can do it justice!
    CDV

I obviously have no will power whatsoever.

Despite intending to save Angels and Demons for my trip to Orlando in May, I gave in and read it yesterday and today.

Couldn't put it down, well worth the read. And it took my mind off chocolate. msnwink]

Dianna.
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx

Well I am doing loads of reading at the moment, although none of it very demanding due to chemo brain at work and concentration powers are not what they were! Last week I read Restoring Grace by Katie Fforde (good fun and better than her recent ones have been), Sylvester by Georgette Heyer, an oldie but a goodie, as always a wonderful comedy of manners, and Winter Soltice by Rosamunde Pilcher - lovely aga saga set in Sutherland. This week I am reading the Reading Group by Elizabeth Noble, having read her Tenko Club a few weeks ago. A group of ladies meet every month to discuss a variety of books, but it mainly follows their own lives with all the dramas that entail. Sadly I can read and eat chocolate at the same time - now how is that I wonder?[msnwink]
    Fiona

Florida Chatterbox
    Book club would be a great ideal, though I hate to say it The Da Vinci Code was not all that, but still a page turner (a screenplay for a movie), "Angels and Demons" is much better. Sadly I'm reading Lord of the Rings for 6th time.

Chrissy my wife Sam loves Terry Prachett, and Terry Brooks (I think she can only read authors with the name Terry).[msnsmile2]
    Gary & Sam

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1455.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Thorogoods
    Book club would be a great ideal, though I hate to say it The Da Vinci Code was not all that, but still a page turner (a screenplay for a movie), "Angels and Demons" is much better. Sadly I'm reading Lord of the Rings for 6th time.

Chrissy my wife Sam loves Terry Prachett, and Terry Brooks (I think she can only read authors with the name Terry).[msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

Another Terry Prachett fan....how cool.....I love love love them....and read them time and time again.....I also read a lot of Anne Rice...and True Crime...

Florida Chatterbox
    I am reading The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, which is very interesting. I love Kathy Reichs and Patricia Cornwell and for a bit of light reading it has to be Marian Keyes....altho I just love to read in general!

Everytime we go to Florida I buy books at the airport then bring them back unopened....there is always something else to do.

Florida Chatterbox
    [/quote]

I like Jeffrey Deaver, James Patterson, Jack Higgins, Patricia Cornwell and the likes. Mr CDV likes things like Ben Elton, Stephen King etc. I like a good who dunnit. When I was 15/16 I used to read Jackie Collins and the Harold Robins, think it was all part of growing up

So OV would have its own answer to Norris and Emily's bookclub then[msneek]
    [/quote]

LOL I was reading the Jackie Collins and Harolds Robins books too when I was younger and thought I was very mature...I think my tastes have changed a bit since then mind you!

makes me look so dull!! i just like maureen lees and katie flynn and joan jonkers i love a good old story set around the 1900 to 1950 my favourites are set in and around liverpool!! nothing gets done in my house once i pick up a book!!
    does anyone else read books like me[msnembarrased]
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    Liesa my Mum adores the same books as you, she lives in Spain and has a job getting hold of them though..she tries to get to as many ex-pat boot sales out there as possible as this is her only way to buy them!

I have just finished reading a fantastic book called "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell". It's set in England in the 1800's and is about magic returning to England. It was very long which is just how I like a really good book to be. Sometimes a good book can be over just too quickly and you have to come back to the real world far too soon.

I've now started "the Time Travellers Wife" but am struggling to get into it. Is it worth persevering anyone?

Jo.
    Jo
    www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/27.aspx