Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Club

Gold 5 Star Member
    I read Digital Fortress (Dan Brown) last week on the flight back from Orlando. It's another real page turner, but not great for Jet Lag. Dean Koontz is another of my favourite authors. I've been reading his stuff since he wrote under the Leigh Nichols pen name. A Short History of Nearly Everything (Bill Bryson) and The Life Of Pi (Yann Martel) are both recent reads and I think pretty excellent. I'm reading Kate Adie's autobiography, The Kindness of Strangers, at the moment and it's turning into a very good read.
    Steve

Florida Expert
    I work as a librarian in a secondary school so for me a book club would be very useful as I could get some ideas for new books suitable for the students (and also weed out the ones that aren't.[msnwink])

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm into Terry Pratchett......OK chrissy will now leave the room before she is thrown out........[msnscared]

Florida Expert
    I have also read Digital Fortress - which I thought was very good, and felt very pleased with myself for working things out towards the end of the book, before the characters had. The last book I finished was The Time Traveller's Wife. I enjoyed that too, and found I had to pay very careful attention to everything that was happening, or all the time-travelling got very confusing!

Currently I am reading The American Boy. It is quite good, but not really a page-turner for me.

emm

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1582.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i] Like you CDV I read all those and the Jackie Collins book years ago. Wishful thinking maybe?
    Your job sounds fascinating, was it?
    [/quote]

It was actually, have the option to go back and do it in the future.
    They tend to house us undereground in rooms with no windows etc, bit like Phantom of the Opera living in the caverns! Talking of which I read the follow up to that, somebody unexpected like Dick Francis wrote it. Shocking ending! [:O]
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    I enjoyed reading all the Bill Bryson books. They are a bit of a lighter read when you want something amusing !
    Jean

well my taste is............ romantic books based around thw world war 2, and any others around that time! mostly the ones i like are based in and aound Liverpool, the one i am reading at present is .... dont laugh.... Annie Murray, Miss Purdy's class, and the next is Chocolate Girls!!, my favourite authors are Lyn Andrews, Maureen Lee, Joan Jonker, and many others!
    i am a right bookworm have just been bidding on several on ebay![msnwink]
    Liesa

I've seen in today's paper they are going to make a film of the Da Vinci Code starring Tom Hanks. I hope they capture the intrigue & mystery of the book - films are often disappointing.
    Jean - I loved Bill Bryson's 'Notes from a Small Island'. The UK seen through the eyes of an American, all those funny phrases we use![msnsmile]
    Debra

Gold 5 Star Member
    They are all good Deb , I find myself giggling as I read them, other people think I am quite mad !!! still they are probably right !
    Jean

Florida Savvy
    I have just read The Jane Austen Book Club, one of R & Js book clubs, it was very good but could have done with a bit more discussion on the actual books (especially Mr. Darcy, Pride & Prejudice ). Before that I read The Bookseller of Kahbul, that was brilliant. When I am in Florida I always like to buy African American books, they are such good reads, especially the non-fiction, you learn a lot.
    Jan.