Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Is MP3 the way forward?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Does not interest me

14 33.33%
  • would like to use MP3 if someone showed me how

4 9.52%
  • Still carry all my CD''''s with me on holiday (shame on you)

4 9.52%
  • Already have an MP3 player

19 45.24%
  • Will get one soon

1 2.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is MP3 the way forward?

Is MP3 the way forward?

Hi,

Being a Gadgetaholic I now have the new IPOD Photo. How many people have this new type of tech gadget and take it on holiday with them.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Gold 5 Star Member
    I sometimes like to think about what the future might hold Domster. In terms of music I think mp3s are going to be only a stepping stone, along with all the other compressed formats. Eventually storage will become so cheap that there will be no need for any compression, no matter how pseudo-lossless it is. Bring on SA-CD and the other higher resolution formats is what I say.
    Steve

was a bit worried about voting for this one! but see we are in the majority at the moment!!
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Technology holds back for no one!

Mp3's will be on their way out soon when someone comes up with a much better format!

I also love gadgets, but priorities change as you get a little older.

Prefer the Archos range!
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just bought Ray a Packard Bell Audio Dream Mp3 for his birthday, he is a gadgets person, will be very handy for listening to with all the travelling that he does.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

i am soooooo ignorant!! i wouldnt know what to do with one if it fell on me head!!
    all these kids of mine know about all these things, but i coudnt tell you a single thing about them!
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    i am soooooo ignorant!! i wouldnt know what to do with one if it fell on me head!!
    all these kids of mine know about all these things, but i coudnt tell you a single thing about them!
    [/quote]

I know that feeling Liesa but I do know how to use the MP3 players now as my sons have one and I have watched them down loading songs etc. quite interesting.[msnsmile]
    Sarah

Florida Chatterbox
    My son is saving for one, but for him will be invaluable!! he is only 10 but loves all types of music and singing!! He's been telling me for years he's gonna be a pop star, bless him!!

I was interested to learn that you can also download talking books, which would interest me on long flights to Florida, I find it hard to concentrate on a proper book on the plane, there is so much noise, people slamming their seat in your face etc. and the headphones you get with Virgin are pretty useless, you can still hear everything else that is going on!!! I have heard about the IPOD photo, but not looked into it.
    Anita

well Anita, again have learnt something new!! i didnt know you could get talking books downloaded on it! i too cannot concentrate on reading when on a plane, so any info welcome now please!!!!
    Liesa

We have 7 ipods in our house![msnembarrased]

We all have one and my little one has the original ipod and its still going strong!!![clap]

I bought an album of itunes recently for £7.99 so you can go wrong in my view, even use it in my car!