Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fagedaboudit - ny hotels and italian restaurants

Florida Expert

fagedaboudit - ny hotels and italian restaurants

i know its not florida but can any body recommend a good decent hotel for a trip to ny end of april? or an agent to give an all in one deal ?.
    we have found some acceptable price flights with klm out of newcastle via amsterdam

also any recommendations or contact numbers for good italian restaurants in little italy or any good web links
    thanks
    Trev

Trev little Italy is full of great places to eat!

Where do you want to stay, uptown, downtown mid town?

I spend 8 years going to NY twice a week so I will try to help!

Gold 5 Star Member
    As for Italian restaurants in New York, try this link.

http://new.york.diningguide.com/dt2ita.htm
    Nostromo

Florida Expert
    nice one nostromo. lucy ive been acouple of times with the lads for the marathon and have stayed middleish east and west. to be honest i dont really know. its karens first time , so i would like it to be nice - we stayed in a right 'minger' 2 years ago! but when its just lads you dont mind too much
    Trev

Gold 5 Star Member
    For Manhattan hotels, they generally get better (and more expensive) as you go further South and/or East, other considerations being similar.
    Nostromo

Florida Expert
    cheers arun.i'll check the food site fully tonight - have only had one great meal in 4 x 4day visits and i recollect that was in little italy, but i cant remember exactly where. we also had a great mexican - and a curry where the owner knew my old local in gants hill london. that was only spoilt cos it was the night after the run and everyone was falling asleep in their food!!
    Trev

Trev,
    we had a 1 bedroom apartment here for a few nights.Just around the corner from Radio City. Very nice having the extra space( lounge, kitchen almost as good as a villa!):
    http://www.flatotel.com/index.shtml

Friends have stayed at the Marriott in Times Square and said it was an ideal location.
    andrew

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1338.aspx

In my view mid town is ideal, try the Sheraton Towers or Sheraton Manhattan Ive stayed in both, I have also stayed in The Lexington and the Interconti but I would rate the Sheratons better. Try google [msnwink]

We stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel opposite the little park and not far from Time Square. It's a boutique hotel but has comfortable beds and staff were very friendly. We got a good deal through Airline Network - cheaper than anything we could book direct through all the hotel sites.
    Fiona

Florida Expert
    i hadnt tried looking for a package yet, could be a better deal?. i think it was airline network we used for the moon palace and they roasted the travel agents prices thanks
    Trev