Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cost of Luggage Trolley at Orlando Intl Airport

Florida Expert

Cost of Luggage Trolley at Orlando Intl Airport

Can anyone remember what coins you need for a luggage trolley at Orlando International Airport? Do they charge at all US airports? Anyone know what happens at Tampa and Sanford?

Thanks for any advice.
    Pat

we were a bit cheesed of about this! its or was in dec last year 4 dollars i think, we had got rid of all the change as we didnt pay for trolleys on the way inthey were free upstairs but down in the carparks you had to pay
    i cant remember how much but i know it annoyed me!! cos we didnt have to on the way in
    Liesa

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I remember them being free at Sanford in October 2004, they were 5 dollars at Miami in Dec 2004 and I know you had to pay for them in Orlando way back in 2002 but couldn't tell you how much.
    Make sure you have luggage with wheels then you can go without if your lucky.
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    At Orlando International, the luggage trollies are free at the first baggage claim area, before you go through US Customs. At the second baggage claim area they were $3 in December/January (the machines take coins or $ notes). Same price on return to the car return area.
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think the fact that they charge for baggage trollies on the 'landside' is disgraceful. Thankfully, almost all medium and large suitcases these days have pull-out handles and wheels. People with one suitcase and a smallish hand luggage piece might prefer to rely on their own resources.
    Nostromo

Its one of the few areas our UK airports are better for - plenty of free trolleys.

I must admit that with the amount of luggage we usually stagger into Florida with - suitcases full of bits for the villa - and stagger home with - all those lovely bargains - we think it is a bit offputting for people to have to pay such a lot for these trolleys - and we usually need at least 4!

Still, perhaps they use some of the income from them to help keep airports like Orlando International in such sparkling condition. It is certainly a pleasure to visit.
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
    Still, perhaps they use some of the income from them to help keep airports like Orlando International in such sparkling condition. It is certainly a pleasure to visit.
    [/quote]

It is not the money - after all they have more free luggage allowance into the US than anywhere else - but the principle of the thing that bugs me [msnmad]. Most people find the trollies useful and some cannot do without them. That should be a servie available free. I am sure that there are plenty of other sources of income for International Airports. It gives a new visitor a bad impression on arrival and buttresses the feeling that the US is "all about money".
    Nostromo

Florida Expert
    Just got back, the trollies are actually $3. The machine takes notes. I'm sure about this as we only had $3 left in singles and if it was more we needed to change a $20. This was at Terminal A at MCO, we were flying with JetBlue to JFK.

I remember them being $3 at MCO and Tampa
    Caroline & Dave

yes i thought it was but the kids mucked me about!! i paid for two trolleys and couldnt get the second one out
    Liesa